Friday, January 28, 2011

The winner is moi

Do you know what the PUKIE AWARD is?  If you are a followers of Big Daddy Diesel you know what I am talking about.  If you have no clue,  then head over to his blog right now!

This is what he says : "If you don't puke or pass out you could have gone harder"
I actually agree with him 100%.

So I won this week's Pukie Award!  This is for my "performance"  last Sunday at the Carlsbad Half Marathon.  This is what happened seconds after I crossed the finish line.  I want to thank Bill for making sure to take a picture of my glorious moment.  My first minutes as a half marathoner, very glamorous as you can see.  But I can say without a doubt that I could not have gone harder that day.  That is a good feeling (now more then when that picture was taken!).


Thank you Big  Daddy Diesel for the award! You made my day!!!  Is it crazy to be happy about an award about puking?!!
---------------------
I decided I want to run my next Half Marathon sooner then in September when the Disney race is.  I am anxious to try that again and to do better.  My next race is February 27th and that is a 10k.  I would like to keep my mileage where it is now.  I want to run the OC Half Marathon on May 1st!  The course looks great, again by the Pacific Ocean.  The only issue I have is they require runners to pick up packets Friday or Saturday and the race is Sunday.  I am about 45-50 minutes away and I don't want to drive there twice in 2 days.  They offer the option to mail the bib and timing chip for $25 (I think it should come in a golden box for that price). I also have to run this plan by Bill...I hope he will not say I am crazy like the rest of my family.   I sent him the link in an email...no response yet, that was over 3 hours ago...should I be worried?!!
--------------------
Tomorrow back at regular training, I feel rested 100%.  I went to the gym only twice this week, one biking workout and a 3.25 miles run yesterday.  That is enough rest, loosing my mind over here.


12 comments:

XLMIC said...

Congrats on the award ;-)

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

hahahahah! Do you get a medal for it?!

Chris K said...

C'est formidable Madame. Felicitations.

Chris K said...

Caroline, for the record, I love Canada and its citizens. I just like to tease Andrew and Neil. No news on gym girl.

Anne said...

Congrats on the Pukie Award! That's one award I'm not looking to win :)
Je suis plus du genre à vouloir avoir du plaisir lors de courses et pas de me pousser jusqu'à vomir...I'm a bit of a wimp that way :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the award. What an honor!
I'm all for running halfs on May 1! Hope you get to do it.

Stacie said...

Congrats!!! You know you earned it :)

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

Hahaha! Congratulations!(?)

$25 is a ridiculous amount for them to charge to mail your stuff!

Christine said...

You got hooked on running!!!! :) Watch out in a few years I see a marathon coming! :)

middleagedrunner said...

Excellent award! Almost won one of those myself yesterday. Bleeech!

2 Slow 4 Boston said...

Bill has excellent timing with the camera there. Keep him around and maybe you'll find out what other off-the-wall award you can win after the next race.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Congrats on the award

I know how much it sucks to puke, i blogged one day that I did during a workout and so many people said that should be an award, so I made it up based on readers comments, and its a huge success, though it sucked to puke but at least it the award makes it sorta feel a little better about it, some say they are proud to do it