Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thank God for running

Today would have been a disaster if I did not get to run 5 miles this morning.
Thank God for running!
I think I would have lost my mind without it today. 
Everything went crazy today.  Could not find my Cell phone before leaving the house this morning, barely made it in time to drop my older son at his school.
Then rushed, I mean drove at the speed limit to get my youngest one at his school.
Before all this I had to referee at least 4 stupid arguments between those 2 and also deal with a tamper tantrum over wearing a coat when it is 6 degrees Celsius outside!

Then a break: 5 miles of peace and quiet with my pal Lance Armstrong talking to me and telling lies after lies about how fast I am while my other pal Garmin brings me back to reality and shows me how slow I really am. 

Then back to the craziness....
1 tire went flat...need to change 2...Merry post Christmas expense I did not need
My older son decided to go on homework strike...now that was fun and then I had to coach his basketball team!  A bunch of 6-7 yrs old boys who don't listen to a word I say is just what I needed at the end of this day!!

I am ready for some TV time and some that does not require a lot of thinking so sorry Simon Baker no Mentalist for me tonight it will be more like Brad the Bachelor! 
Yes yes I am guilty of watching that...!

Oh I almost forgot, something good: I got the tickets that I won for HOOD TO COAST THE MOVIE in the mail today!!!

9 comments:

Hungry Like a Hippo said...

Sorry you had such an awful day! Kudos to you for still getting your run in!

XLMIC said...

Just another day at the office, right? lol That all sounds so familiar!

I am so glad you got your run in... I didn't :(

But I am going to watch mindless something on a screen too ;-)

Yay for Hood to Coast!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

CRAZY DAY WOMAN!!! Seriously...what would we do without running.

Okay, WOW!! Thank you so much for your last post. Can we just be best friends in real life? YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH!! It is so good to know that there are other people out there that completely understand what I am going through too!!! I cannot believe that you have been so sick and it is cruel that people treat you like that when they have NO idea what is really going on. I think you are just the most beautiful thing ever with two gorgeous little boys. I want to come give you a hug. Let me know if you ever want to email about everything, I AM HERE FOR YOU!!! Thanks again for the support and I hope tomorrow isn't nearly as crazy as today!

dannie chOOng said...

so nice, u get to watch Hood to Coast for free. i dont even know if said movie will come to my country for screening. sob sob sob...

Christine said...

Oh no, sounds like a really bad day. Tomorrow will be better! I will watch the movie on January 11 - I'm excited!!!

Sherry @ Life from my persective said...

Sorry for a bad day! So thankful that we all have running to lean on for support! It is the best when you are in a funk!

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

Really? Running? That sounds more like a day for ALCOHOL! LOL

Unknown said...

running really is freeing. Its the best escape and solitude. Hope you get to watch all your shows tonight. :)
LC

ShutUpandRun said...

Can't wait to see the movie on Tuesday!!!!!