Thursday, January 27, 2011

3 Things Thursday

1. Today I ran for the first time since my Half Marathon.  3.25 easy miles on the treadmill.
Felt pretty good, no pain in the legs, a little bit at the ball of  my foot.   I am thinking I may need different shoes.  I don't live in a town of runners.  There's no running store here, just  stores like Dicks and Sport Authority where all they want is sell you a pair of shoes, the higher the price the better for them.  I must find a store where they can really tell me what shoes would be good for me.  That is my mission for the weekend.

2.  My basketball team is driving me crazy.  I got 9 boys aged 6-7.  The truth is: we suck.  I started coaching when I was 18 so long time ago and I can count on one hand the number of teams I had that sucked.  I am not going to lie, I don't like it.  The problem is that those little fellas don't care that they suck.  Well maybe 2 of them do care, Will cuz he has my DNA and another one who is really a football player.  The rest well they don't care.  I need to lower my expectations and remember they need to have fun and they are only 6-7 yrs old.

3.  I have decided to wait until I get the results of my scan before I pay for the Disney Half Marathon.  If the tumor has grown I will need to take care of it.  I will know Tuesday.  If I cannot do that one, I still have plan B, the Rock n Roll LA Half Marathon.  I want to see if I find one in May,  that would give me enough time to train between now and then but May can be really hot here (I HATE the heat). 
------------
And I am still not over Shirtless Guy/Magnum PI look-a-like ruining some of MY race pictures!!
-------------

5 comments:

Hungry Like a Hippo said...

I'm sorry for #2! But I love how competitive you are! I'm sure as he gets older, the kids who don't care will stop playing and your son will eventually get on a team with other athletes like him. Until then, sorry you have to suffer through those games!

And lol, that mustache guy is hilarious!

Good luck finding shoes and I am looking forward to hearing GOOD news about how your tumor has NOT grown on Tuesday!

Ps:I'm so jealous that you're going to run the disney half!! I wish I lived closer to a disney park!

Becky said...

The OC Marathon and 1/2 is May 1...it is my backup plan if flights don't come down to my original plan in MI. And the San Diego Rock N Roll is usually in June (and always rains). Just a few races for you to ponder! Hope it helps! And I am thinking about you and good thoughts sent your way on your health!

Christine said...

Yes, definitely get some really good running shows, that's the reward for finishing your first marathon! :)

gmontalvo13 said...

good luck finding shoes!

hope you get to run disney, i've ran the last 2 and they were awesome!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

- a good shoe store is a must

- fun is the name of the game

- I will take some heat, hasnt been above freezing for a while now

- Mag PI still makes me laugh

- Congrats on the Pukie