Friday, March 9, 2012

EMZ and Caro

Today was a great day.
I met my DEAR Arizona Friend.  In person.
(Nobody was wearing heals)

Through our blogs we get to know people we follow and or people who follow us.  I think of some of you as my friends, even if I have never met you in person.  That's sounds silly to people who don't get to know others through the Internet but if you have a blog you get that, I am sure. 
This lady is one of a kindShe is like I knew she would be Sweet and kind and funny (see pics below for proof).  The only problem with this meeting was that it had to end.

She brought me some gifts....look: it made Maggie smile...only because she cannot read the word CAT all over the shirt

A lot of Arizona hearts and cats on the shirt....the letter A is nice but D is still better....:)

And for my boys...

I had a gift for her too, I will let her share that if she wants to. 
No no, not a Duke shirt.  I am way too scared to see what she would do to one of those!!!
But....I did come prepared for an intervention and make sure that EMZ gets a taste of the Duke Greatness.... I am a good friend I share the good stuff.  This is what her husband (PITA) said "Did you loose a bet?!!!" ha ha!!!





I would say that this intervention is clearly a success.. She IS Duke. I see great things happening in EMZ's future.  I have to say that she is a good sport.  Really.


No no she was not crying...or puking...she was overwhelmed with hmmmm JOY?!

EMZ, there are no words to express how happy I am that we got to see each other today. 
Thank you for stopping by on the way to Catalina to come and see me.
Thank you PITA!
Thank you poor Peanut who had to sit through all that non stop blah blah blah...!
I hope it does not take too long before we see each other again.  
Arizona is at the top of my destinations to go to list.  
I am so happy I got to meet your lovely family as well.   
EMZ & Caro: 26.2 in AZ.
That sounds like a good plan.




33 comments:

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Looks like ya'll had a blast ... what was the total combined heighth between you ... like 18'6"???

Tricia said...

How fun - you guys look like it was a great time. I like to meet online friends.

Kate Geisen said...

So fun! :) Glad you guys had such a great visit.

bobbi said...

LOVED all the pictures from today! So glad you had such a great time together!

Emz said...

I'm. In. Tears.
Seriously.
I had been waiting for today for what felt like .... Well holy freaking long.
TMI but I'm wearing my gift as I type this comment.
I
So
Freaking
Love
It.
Pita: that is one very thoughtful woman.
I'll ditto that X 44.
Arizona road racers 1/2013.
It's on the schedule. It is done.

Emz said...

AZ dessert classic marathon.

On the Right Track said...

so cool...so so cool!!!

jealous...the pics are amazing!

Elle said...

So much fun. I love to meet my online friends too.

Glad you hit it off so well.

I am not sure why a good French Canadian girl like you is a Duke fan? Do you just like blue?

XLMIC said...

How totally cool! Two super sweet and fun ladies getting together in person :) Lucky, lucky :)

Boston Bound Brunette said...

Good times!! Glad you got to meet her and hang out for a bit!

bobbie said...

Looks like so much FUN!! Hope to have a blogger meet up someday:)

bobbie said...

Looks like so much FUN!! Hope to have a blogger meet up someday:)

Michael said...

Well sounds like you girls got along smashingly!! I guess for some reason I never realized how tall you were...who knew :)

The Unexpected Runner said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time!!!!! And a marathon, I'll be cheering for you both!

Jill said...

You two are picture perfect!! I bet you had an absolute blast and I know you can't wait for the next meet up. And I want to be there with ya, too! :)

Jason said...

EMZ and Caro sounds like a great sitcom show to tune into.

Nelly said...

lol at Jim's comment!

You guys are hilarious, love that you both exchanged Duke and Arizona things! You both seriously need your own talk show, haha

Cotter Crunch said...

it always makes me SUPER HAPPY to see two of my favorite people come together. BEAUTIFUL! and HILARIOUS of course.

Cotter Crunch said...

it always makes me SUPER HAPPY to see two of my favorite people come together. BEAUTIFUL! and HILARIOUS of course.

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

Found your blog through my wonderful sister's blog, and so glad I did. What a wonderful post...friends like these are priceless!

Kathy said...

How fantastic!!!

Kathy said...

How fantastic!!!

Teamarcia said...

Super fun! Meeting 'imaginary' friends is the best. So glad you girls had fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a blast - soo happy for you!! A week ago I met a blogger friend for the first time as well and it was awesome! You have this special bond even though you never met in person.

Darlene said...

That is so COOL! Hope you guys get to run together.

Patrick Mahoney said...

That's pretty awesome...

Big Daddy Diesel said...

HAAA!! Thats awesome!!!

misszippy said...

THAT is an awesome meet up! Wish I could have been there. Maybe I will have to join you next January!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

2 of my favorites right here! Love the pics!

I love that you two got to stoke the NCAA bball fires b4 March Madness!!!!

Johann said...

Awesome! As I said before I hope I can one day bring some blogger shirts back to South Africa.

Dr. said...

Ahh ya'll are too cute!

Black Knight said...

Yes, a marathon with a very good friend, it would be wonderful.
A great meeting. Blogland is a very nice place.

Unknown said...

Glad you were able to meet up!!!!