Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The One

The quest for The One perfect running shoe.
That can be frustrating, painful and costly.

I went back to my Brooks Ravenna after the Pure Flow fiasco.
I found another pair of Ravenna 2 in clearance for $55 and I used my REI dividend and member 20% coupon to get a pair of Ravenna 3. 

We just had an Earthquake as I am typing this.  I hate those. Not a good side of living here in California that is for sure.

Those are my new Ravenna 3:
I will rotate between 2 and 3 for now.  I tried the 3 and so far so good.  They made some changes and so far all good for me.

Millet sports offers the BROOKS Ravenna 3 at a reasonable price, visit them online for more details milletsports.co.uk

With the Pure Flow I ended up having Plantar Fasciitis coming back.  I am hoping things go back to "normal" with this adjustment.  Since I fell I am so scared of falling again it is driving me crazy.  I need to shake this out of my system!

The One who is making my abs hurts today:


Aouchy...hurts to laugh...I don't think I will have a 6 pack in 6 weeks BUT maybe a 2 pack someday!! :)

The One who convinced me that I CAN do a marathon:  look the the right that pretty blond gal in the picture with me...my Arizona friend.  I had been thinking about it..I thought I could do it but I needed a little push...a "yes you can do it". 

The One who made my day Monday: My ex boss in Quebec.  I used to be an engineer in my pre-kids life and I kept contact with some people from my old job in Canada.  I worked here too before having my first son but sadly I did not stay in touch with anyone because..well they were not happy with my pregnancy and things ended badly.  Anyway I am going off topic..this week was my ex boss birthday so I wrote a happy birthday message on his Facebook wall.  This is what he responded

"Thank you Caroline. You inspired me and a year ago I started to do exercise and have better meal. I lost 50 pounds since then. Si tu viens à Mtl fais-moi signe"
That made me happy.

The One I want to be?  The One who will be picked for one of the NUUN Relay team for the 2012  Hood to Coast!  It is one of my dreams to run Hood to Coast!  I am working on my application..I am almost done!!

Dont forget my GIVEAWAY here!

23 comments:

Emz said...

This made me happy at every level!!
Minus the earthquake.
Yay abs!
Yay marathon. You've soooooooo freaking got this.
Yay nuun. You've got my vote X 444.

Emz said...

Oh... My REI dividend. $1.40. ;) 😂😂

Too much Costco shopping. ;]

Caroline said...

$1.40! that is sad....
:)

Neon Blonde Runner said...

Eeek, earthquake, scary!

We had an earthquake here in Virginia last year and I was at work on the 9th floor and I remember being so nervous and wanting to just leave my patients behind and run out of the building...bad nurse! But alas, I stuck it out and didn't panic.

Alanna said...

I'm so happy to hear that you're applying for Hood to Coast!!!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Love this....The ONE...Hope the shoe works out. So glad you and EMZ have found a friend in each other. Isn't the virtual world great like that? :) HTC, hope you get in. I hope I get in too. I hope I wasn't too quick to get my application in and then share it with everyone. Yikes. kind of scary putting myself out there. Oh well, I'm that kind of gal...spontaneous and when I know I want something I get it done. HOpe it doesn't bite me in the REAR. What a great e-mail from your exboss. Always nice to know when we make a difference in someone's life. :)

misszippy said...

Loved this ONE post! So much great stuff in here. I want you to make the NUUN team! Can't wait to see what you come up with for an application.

Patrick Mahoney said...

I'm the one who is going to start running shirtless because you said it was OK.

Missed the quake, what time was it?

Unknown said...

Great post and good luck on your new sneaks and hood to coast entry!

Michael said...

I missed your fiasco with the Brooks. Sorry they didn't work out, I so love mine. I'm thinking about applying for HTC too...just don't know if I'll have the time. You will be picked for sure!!

Terzah said...

I hope you make the relay team!! It will be so much fun for you.

And that's a great message from your old boss. :^)

bobbie said...

Great post! Glad the earthquake wasn't too serious! Love the color of the shoes:)

Kate Geisen said...

What a great feeling it must have been to get that email! Every time one of my facebook friends emails me about starting to run, it makes me smile. :)

Yea, a marathon! Yea, applying for HTC! Good luck!

And good luck with the shoes...and if you aren't going to wear the Brooks for everyday shoes, I know a girl who wears size 11 who'd take them off your hands. :)

Elle said...

Awesome! Good luck with HTC app but I am sure you don't need it... you are so right for it!

Lily on the Road said...

What a great post! And I'm just catching up with your others too. Great job at the Susan G. Komen, so nice that you are able to support your friend and run for a good cause. That shirtless guy...ewwwww.

Where were you in Quebec? How great that you inspired your former boss, you just never know who you touch while throwing your heart into staying healthy.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I hope you get to do Hood to Coast AND get to meet me! I am so excited they are doing three teams this year, really hoping I get to run into bloggers somewhere along the way, almost makes me want to jump ship and be on a blogger team :)

Have you picked a marathon yet? YAY you can do it!

Coy Martinez said...

I'm just now trying out some new shoes so I know how you feel. I wanted to love those same Brooks that you had, the Pure ones but they just didn't feel 100% on my feet. I wanted them to sooo bad!!

I think I might try applying for that Hood to Coast as well! I need to get my butt in gear!

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

Wow... I've never experienced an earthquake... I think it would be scary...

I have a pair of the Ravenna 2 and rotate with my Pure Cadence ... I used to wear nothing but nike, but now I think I'm purely a Brooks shoe girl :)

Hoping you get picked for a Nuun team! I saw when they announced it and it seems like it would be so much fun, but I just dont have the time to donate to the race... maybe next time :)

Laura said...

The only time we were in Cali...there was an earthquake. A minor one but it was still really weird to experience. I fear when they make changes to shoes...

Kathy said...

I SO hope you get on the Hood to Coast team - major bucket list for me too!

Yes you CAN run a marathon - if I can you do it then you absolutely can!!

RunToTheFinish said...

ohhh fingers crossed I get on Nuun too and we can finally meet!! this was such a sweet post :)

and i really can't wait to see what you think of jillian, i want to know if it works

Black Knight said...

It is difficult to find a pair of shoes that fit for us. When I find the perfect ones I immediately buy another pair and after a couple of weeks another again.
You can run the marathon. Don't think about the finishing time, follow a good program increasing the mileage week after week and do good long distance runs. You will do it.

RunningOnCoffee said...

Just saw this post...where in CA are you?? Did not feel an earthquake here in the Santa Clarita Valley. The only earthquake I've experienced was the one in Virginia last August that I'm sure west coasters laughed about...but I felt it from 350 miles away in NJ. This reminds me, I need to put together some kind of earthquake emergency kit in the event of a big one!