Thursday, January 13, 2011

3 things Thursday

1. Today I ran 3 miles on the treadmill and it was harder then running 5 miles outside.  Plus I get pain in my knees after a run on the machine.  So happy I only had to do one run inside this week.


2. I got a hole in my right shoe :(.  Right where the big toe is.  So that means I have to run with my new ones until the half marathon.  Good thing I used them a couple times already just in case.  They are the exact same model as my old ones so I am not too worried.


3. I got my bib number via email  for the Half!!!!!!! This is really happening!
IN 10 DAYS PEOPLE!!! 

I am a little stressed.   The Expo is Friday and Saturday and the race is Sunday.  We are spending the night in Carlsbad  Saturday that is all taking care of.  What is stressing me is that the Expo is until 5 pm Saturday and I have to coach a basketball game at 1 pm that should end no later then 2 pm (6-7 yrs old boys = shorter games).  I am less then 2 hrs away BUT this is California and we do have that thing called TRAFFIC here and it can sometime be really really really bad.  Bill says we should be OK.  I hope he is right.

7 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am with Bill, should be ok, just relax as much as you can before the race and rock it

Christine said...

It will be fine!! The race is the reward for all the hard training!! Enjoy!

XLMIC said...

So exciting! Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes according to plan! You are going to do so well!

middleagedrunner said...

So excited for you! I agree that it is so much easier to run any distance outdoors than on the dreadmill. I can run on that stupid thing forever and only go about 0.000001 miles. WTF?
Anyways, relax, bust out the new shoes and get ready to kick some 1/2 marathon booty!

Joanne said...

How exciting! Your first Half? You're going to feel so good when you cross that finish line.

Treadmill running is a must here in New York. It's a weird thing but for the past couple of months I had hamstring pain and could only run comfortably on the mill. Now the pain is gone, it feels GREAT to get outside even though the running is slow due to too much snow. Plus..people don't like to shovel their side walks. Grrrr! :/

Back to your half...can't wait to hear all about it. Good luck!

Rae said...

I think running on hte TM is harder too.

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I hate the traffic in cali ha!!! Girl, I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! 9 days now.....I wish I could come and cheer you on. I can't wait for the recap. Yay, for ponytails everyday!! you always leave me the best comments and I wanted to thank you for always making my day!