Saturday, January 29, 2011

Shoe finder

Mission accomplished!
I found a running store about 20 minutes drive from my house.
They were super nice.
I brought my running shoes to do the running test.
They put me on the treadmill.
Results: I need "stability" shoes. 
Bad news: I have cushioned shoes.

They made me try several pairs of shoes and run with them.  I could tell the difference right away. 

It comes down to:
Adidas supernova sequence 3
Asics Gel 2150

Got some new running socks and plain GU and decided to wait for the shoes and shop online first and read some reviews even though I should not do that and just go with what feels best.

Ran 4 miles this morning!

OC Half Marathon is a go I think..anyone reading this ran that one before?

6 comments:

XLMIC said...

Yay for getting yourself into the RIGHT shoes! It will make such a difference! And 20 minutes is not bad at all... in fact, that's pretty durn close!

Christine said...

I'm glad you got the right show, both brands are very good and it comes down to what feels best for you. I would just ask if you can run a little in their parking lot. That helped me to make the decision. Good Luck!

Chris K said...

I have not done the OC Marathon. Maybe I will if I don't BQ next Sunday :-) There is a great Blog called runblogger where the guy tests lots of shoes. He's a stud runner and a Doctor of something to do with athletics.

Jenn said...

Good luck with the shoes! Makes such a different to have the right shoes for your feet! Never done the OC half. Good luck!

Unknown said...

yea for new shoes! those will be perfect in time for your next race. maybe OC half?

Unknown said...

Finding the perfect shoe is so hard, but SO important! Good luck with it!