Sunday, January 23, 2011

Race day morning

Sorry for all typos, using Itouch in pitch dark right now :)

Got in Carlsbad in time!
Great expo!
Got my bib with my name on it, first time I get one like that!
We drove the course yesterday, beautiful! A large part of it is by the ocean! First 2-3 miles going up though so I have to go slow there.
We are staying in a great hotel- thank you FIL for letting us use your time share card!!
Runners will pass in front of our hotel so perfect for Bill + boys!

It is colder then I expected but I know it will warm up during the race. I am not 100% sure as to what to wear. Inexperience is a factor!
It is in the mid 40s right now. But it could go up to 65 for the last couple of miles.

Got up at 4:45 to have my coffee and eat in the dark while my supporting crew sleeps.
Now time to get dressed and head to the starting line!
SHOW TIME!

10 comments:

Kristin @NyceLife said...

You will do great! Good luck!

foodandfitnessfanatic7 said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see how it goes, I'm doing my first half in April and already finding myself nervous!

Christine said...

I usually buy some cheap clothes from Walmart and then throw them away. A lot of races, collect them afterwards and donate to charity.

Believe in you, you trained hard and now you will earn the reward!! :)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

You will do great!!!

Hungry Like a Hippo said...

Ahh! I'm so excited for you!

Anne said...

Wooohooo!!!

XLMIC said...

Can't wait to hear all about it! The course sounds perfect!

middleagedrunner said...

Sounds like the start of a beautiful and exciting day! GOOD luck. i'm waiting eagerly for a race recap!!!

Chris K said...

Race pics on my blog. I was at Mile 6 of the half, looked for you, but it was CRAZY. Looking forward to race report.

Darlene said...

So excited for you. I know how you feel since I did my first last Sunday. Can't to hear about your experience.