Sunday, January 30, 2011

Shoe finder part 2

My mission for the weekend was to find out what kind of running shoes I should wear.  Got the answer to that yesterday: stability shoes.  At the store I went to they only had Saucony, Brooks, Asics and Adidas.  I left with good info and no shoes.  I decided to look online and do more research on the other brands and also look for better prices.

I got a list of models from Mizuno and Nike and went to Dick's Sporting Goods to try as many as I can find there.  I also got a good tip from Chris K who told me about this great blog runblogger where the guy tests lots of shoes.  Thanks Chris.  On that website I found this place running warehouse.

So I tried several pairs of shoes, found one that is great for me I think, hard to know for sure without REALLY running with them for a while but they feel good.  Came back home and went to look on the running warehouse website and there they were:  on SALE! At the store they were $90 and online $45!!!!!!!! Free 1 day shipping and free return, cannot beat that.

So Tuesday these Mizuno should arrive at my door


and on Wednesday we will have a date for a few miles, let's hope we get along great!  I had not planned to go to the store again today and it took me an eternity to try all the shoes.  That included doing a little run in the store looking like a fool (of course I saw 2 families of kids I coached before!).  Once I was done it started to rain and time had run out.  We had a babysitter coming  at 1 pm to go catch a movie so I skipped my run but it is worth it if those shoes are THE ONES.

Went to see The Company Men and I highly recommend it.  It was excellent and all the actors are great in it.


Tuesday I get the results of my scan and once I know all is OK,  I will register for OC Half Marathon and Disneyland Half Marathon!  

10 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

I've heard some great things about Mizuno. People that wear them really seem to like them and stay super loyal. Great price too!

Kristin @NyceLife said...

Wow, awesome price!! Hope they work. I always say I am going to do that (go home and find them cheaper), but I always feel weird walking out after they help me without buying the shoes. I know it's fine to do, I am just a pushover, ha ha.

Unknown said...

Great shoes!! I am due for a new pair myself, wonder if they are still on sale? Have to go check them out.

Also, I know I'm late with the congrats (just posted a comment to your 1/2 recap) But a late congrats to you - what an awesome recap and I'm so happy for you!

Unknown said...

PS: I just ordered the same sneakers! Couldn't resist that sale! I've usually been a Saucony girl but the last pair I got, I wasn't loving so I thought I'd try these out.

Thanks for the tip, I tend to overpronate and they said they are moderate in support, will have to see how they feel, the free return policy made me say, lets give 'em a shot!

middleagedrunner said...

I love my Mizunos like crazy. They have done nothing but magical things for the feets...

Jill said...

I tend to love to support the local running stores, but it is so hard to beat those kind of prices! I'll admit, I do order online sometimes but will be very upset if that puts a local store out of biz...what a hypocrite. Ha.

Nice to meet you, Caroline :). I knew I didn't know EVERYONE, despite what Chris K said! Haha.

gmontalvo13 said...

omg, that is my shoe! love mizunos!
do you have the website, would love to take advantage of the sale!

thanks for the congrats! :)

Caroline said...

Yes website link is on the post above

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

So jealous of the Disney Half!! You are going to do amazing and let us know about the scan asap!!! LOVE the new shoes. YAY FOR BACHELOR!!!

Christine said...

I hope the scan is good and you can register and try out those new awesome shoes!! :)