Sunday, January 2, 2011

Week 9 recap - Rose Parade Floats Viewing

Today was the last day of the Christmas break for my kids...am I sad....the truth no really! I know bad mommy...! Listen I have 2 boys and they are almost 5 and 6 1/2.  After 2 weeks together well they FIGHT about EVERYTHING and so this mommy has had it big time.!

For our last day we headed to Pasadena to see the floats from the Rose Parade. It was amazing!  All of them were real piece of art.  The work that goes into building these is unbelievable and the TV does not do justice to any of these floats!
Here are a few pictures from our visit.










Are you old enough to know this guy?



 Next 3 are the tribute for 9-11, I still cannot look at things like that without crying.




This was amazing remember all these are made with flowers or seeds




Today was the end of week 9 of my training plan and I did what is in red
 
Mon: Strength and stretch: 30 minutes bike and abs+arms
Tue: 5 miles: 5 miles
Wed: 3 miles or cross : 3 milesThu: 5 miles + strength: 5 miles
Fri: REST: rest
Sat: rest: 6 miles

Sun:  10k race: rest
total: 19 miles: 19 miles


6 comments:

Amanda@runninghood said...

These are awesome Floats. And I know what you mean about the fighting. :) My 3 and 5 year old have been at each other's throats all day!!!

XLMIC said...

Oh, wow! Those floats are amazing! And YAY for school starting up again! I am soooooo ready for these kids to be THERE instead of HERE! lol

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I am so jealous you got to go see the floats. Beautiful pictures and beautiful family!!!! THANK YOU so much for your sweet comment. It is nice to know people can relate!! I think you are just GORGEOUS and I look up to you and your accomplishments especially that of having two amazing children! I had no idea about your stomach issues. Thank you for sharing with me and if you ever want to email chat let me know:) Really thank you!!

Jenn said...

Wow-those floats are just awesome! Looks like a great day! I know nothing about fighting kids. Mine are perfect and never disagree about anything.....They are mighty cute boys! Nice work with the training!

Christine said...

Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing :) Good job on sticking to your schedule. Keep up the good work! :)

racing dawn said...

How fun to see the floats in person - I can only imagine just how amazing! Fun family day!