Sunday, January 16, 2011

DOUBLE DIGIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to welcome MYSELF to the double digit club!  That's right people I ran 10 miles today and I could not be more pleased with dear old ME!

Ok enough with the lovefest, I am already nauseated.  You have to understand,  a year ago I was trying to prepare for my first race; The Susan G Komen Race for the Cure a 5k.  At the time I could not run 2 miles without walking.  Running 10 miles was not something I thought I would ever do.  NOT A CHANCE.  Well here I am.  I am not going to lie, it was hard.  Mile 7 was hell.  I tried a different kind of gel...does not work.  Water is even hard for me to take.  I get really bad side pain that takes forever to pass.  At mile 9 I was in a lot of pain, I had to walk.  I know I will have to drink, or I will get really dizzy and I would not want to pass out.  I am wondering if I should take a salt pill...if yes when? Before the race or during?  If you have experience with those I am looking for advices.
I iced my legs when I got home I hope I can walk ok tomorrow!!!

I know I can do the half.  I could have at least walk 3 more miles so I know I will finish and for the first one that is the goal.

I have made some decisions

You are not invited to my Half Marathon:
The belt because I don't like you bouncing on my back and also because you push on my belly and are not helping anything stomach related.  ITouch: well you and Nike+ are liars and also because you need a new battery and I need music for more then 2 hours.

You are invited to my Half Marathon:

You because I need music and you are tiny and you will last over 2 hours.
You because you are the perfect socks (Nike Livestrong running sock) and compression Nike Pro shorts because you stay in place and well...I am pretty sure I would not like that chaffing thing so you are in!


You 3  because I know I could never do this without you.  Best supporting crew ever! Also because I will need you to hand me some water as I pass by you and maybe a granola bar or a piece of banana.  And a lot of "Let's go mommy!" " You got this"  "Don't give up".


 Today I ran 10 miles.  Just had to type that again.

I saw 4 movies this weekend

Social Network, The kids are all right, Inception and Blue Valentine.

Social Network: Good not as excellent as they say.  Justin T.  Excellent in it though. B+
The kids are all right: Excellent! Loved it! Love Annette Bennings. A+
Inception: not for me, I gave up after less then 30 min.
Blue Valentine: Excellent.  Very sad, broke my heart.  Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams are great in it.  Highly recommend.  A+

Off to watch the Golden Globes!




12 comments:

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

I watched Social Network this weekend too and thought pretty much the same thing as you. It was watchable once.

I HATED Inception. If you lasted 30 minutes, you made it longer than I did.

shannon said...

Nice job on the 10-miler! I've never taken salt pills on a run, usually I get all my electrolytes from Gatorade or whatever energy drink is offered at a race. Generally, salt pills are taken in the summer when excessive sweat results in rapid loss of electrolytes.

XLMIC said...

Awesome job on your run!!! woo hooo! Double Digits!

Yeah, chafing is not good. Today I finally ran long enough to get chafed:( and it was way less than you ran. lol

You are going to have such a great half!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

NIce run! I wished you luck too early! Next weekend, right?

Love my Nike socks too!

abbi said...

Great job on the long run! For my first half, I never did tried anything fuel wise ahead of time. I didn't really know what I was doing back then but I made it through fine with just water and 1 stop for Gatorade and I only grabbed that b/c it was the first thing I saw. Can you do Gatorade or anything like that?

middleagedrunner said...

YAY! EXCELLENT job on your long run! I haven't even tried to eat on my long runs because I'm sure I'll just vom all over my feet.
I did 10 miles yesterday for the first time too and was astonished that I could do it.
I'm excited for both of us and our upcoming 1/2's!

Hungry Like a Hippo said...

wooohoo! Way to go! Your whole "I can run 10 miles and at least walk the rest" plan... no. I KNOW you are going to keep running after 10 miles! You are so ready for this race!!


I use my Ipod shuffle for races too. They are so convenient. Mine is green =)

Christine said...

Congratulations!!! What a great accomplishment!! Maybe you can drink Gatorade or Powerade instead of water. That has some of the electrolytes your body needs and your stomach might like that better. Again, congrats!!! You will rock the half :)

Unknown said...

Nice run! Welcome to the club!
Did you want to get some of the Golden Globe nominees watched before the show last night? If so, good job!
I don't have experience with salt tabs. However, I am now taking a Blackberry Gu around mile 4 and 8 (coordinated with the nearest water stop on the course to walk through and drink some water).
You are going to do so well at your half!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Congrats on the run

Rae said...

Yay! Great job!!

Chris K said...

Great milestone. I decided this morning that I will volunteer at Carlsbad. I'll be on the lookout for a 5' 11" woman :-)