Wednesday, November 10, 2010

When things get in the way of training....

I am not a professional athlete, I am a professional mother and so sometimes, my profession gets in the way of my running.  Sometimes it is for reasons that are not welcomed like illness or tamper tantrums or the car refusing to start or a leak in the house...Sometimes it is for reasons that bring me great joy and pride like today.  It is the end of the first trimester and my son who is in the 1st grade received an award for Accelerated Reading achievement.  He was the only 1st grader to receive that award and no training plan was going to make me miss this, sorry mister Higdon!  So I ditch the gym and left my running shoes at home and went to the award ceremony.  This was also probably better for my poor back who is not happy these days, maybe it will pay off on Sunday to have taken a rest today.  After the ceremony I had to go see the good Dr thinking I would get all my results....but no.  I had to do a rather painful nerve test where I received a bunch of electric chocs, no fun at all.  Then she told me to come back Monday to discuss all the results.  WHAT? More waiting? 4 more days of not knowing.  She still could not say what I want her to say to me: "you DON'T have MS for sure 100%".  I will try to put this in a little box until Monday but I am not going to lie I am disappointed, I was prepared for results not more waiting!  At least today I got to be a proud mom and that makes today a good day.


My superstar!

3 comments:

Eryn said...

Thanks for the sweet comment! I was a 14 when I started, so this is feeling pretty good :) congrats on so much success!! 16 to 6...that is AMAZING!!

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

ugh the doc is prolonging the agony! But hey, like you said, it was still a good day as a mom, right? =)

Caroline said...

yes..I just want answers and move on! at least I got a race this weekend to take my mind off of all this!