Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My running buddy

My running buddy keeps tracks of my speed, how far I go, my heart rate and how long it takes me to do the distance.  He (I decided he is a HE) agrees with everything I think, never complains, never argues, lets me pick what will be on the menu: hills, speed, short run, longer run.  Sounds like a dream partner right? Problem is he can be boring at times and he is always inside.  Up until now he has been enough for the distances I needed to cover (up to 6 miles).  He also comes with a child care option;  a must for a stay at home mom like me who needs to do the running in the morning.  Now that I have decided to make the jump to the longer distances like 10k and 1/2 marathon (really?) I will need to ditch the running buddy a few times a week, for the long runs for sure.  Obviously running outside is way better to prepare for the 1/2 marathon and any other races but sometimes it is just not possible for me to get the time alone to do that during the week and so I do the next best thing and drive to the gym to meet my running buddy while my son plays at the kids gym.  It is not ideal but it is better then nothing at all.  Now that the temperatures are cooling down here I will be able to run outside without having to struggle with sinus allergies so....
Starting this weekend  I will do my Saturday and Sunday runs outside and I am looking forward to it!


My running buddy

No comments: