My favorite group of runners are the gals over at Run like a Mother. The book is one of my favorite book and I love their Facebook page. So I took this topic from their Facebook page today and decided to put it here!
The question was "What's the most memorable thing a family member has said to you about your running?"
I got a few of my own so here goes!
- This one I get a lot : "Are you crazy?"
-After I asked my husband if he thought I should sign up for a half marathon he said "You think YOU can do that?" lovely right!? Well that is great motivation I can tell you that! I'll show HIM!!!
- "Why do you do that to yourself" from my dad
- My mom after seeing pics from a race "You look awful and very tired"
- Also from dear old dad "You do know you are not going to the Olympics right?"
- and still from dad last week " You are not 20 anymore " to that I said "yes and you are not 70 anymore!!" (He's 77!)
- From my 4 yrs old son : " Mom I think you need a shower, you smell like Maggie (our dog)"
- From my friend who is a doctor "You need to watch out for your knees!"
- From my dad (again): "Why do you start running so much, you are over 40!"
- From my mom: "I think 10km is enough for you!"
-From my husband: " People who looks older then you crossed the line before you!" and one of my favorite : "People pushing a stroller finished before you!" As if I want to know this when I finish a race!
- Still from the husband : "The guy who finished first ran the 5k in half your time..but you did GREAT sweetie!"
- From my kids after I got a Top finisher medal: "Mommy you are the best of the 40s!"
- From my 6 yrs after a race :" Mom you look like you are about to puke!"
- From my 4 yrs old after a race "Mom you won!!! I said hmm no I didn't and he said well why did you put your arms in the air like you won then?"
And my favorites.....
From my husband last week after my first 10k: "You did really great!"
From my 6 yrs old son :"Mommy you are the best running mommy!"
From my 4 yrs old son: "Good job mommy you did not even fall at the end!"
From my non-running mom friends " You are nuts but you are a rock star!"