Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TIC TAC TIC TAC

I just realized today is the 23rd..means 2 months to go before my first half marathon!!!
So many things to think about...like fueling.  I don't have a belt.  I have never carried water on any race or on any runs.  I have not gone long enough so far.  On the race website the info says:

Water stations will be positioned along the course (approximately every mile beginning at mile 2) with plenty of water and portable toilets. Lemonade flavor Ultima Replenisher will be served at even numbered water stations. GU energy replacement gel (Chocolate Outrage and Vanilla Bean flavors) will be available at miles 4 and 9.

This is a big race 1500 for the full and 8500 for the half and it is sold out.
I don't know if I should trust that the stations will be enough and that they won't run out of supply by the time I pass them....or should I ask Santa for a belt and carry my own stuff....I am not sure I would like running over 2 hours with a belt on...but I also don't want to have fuel problems...decisions decisions.....

1 comment:

shannon said...

Sounds like a great race. Water stations every mile is a bit unusual, but awesome! Just a guess, but I don't think you'll need to wear a fuel belt. From the race website info it seems like they'll provide everything you need for a half on the course.