Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Playlist

As I was watching the NYC marathon on TV this weekend I kept wondering how this top elite runners can run without music? What do they think about all this time? They don't talk to each other obviously...that would be weird to say "hey you are you doing?" at mile 12.  They have the crowd to cheer them on but that is not consistent.  What is in their head I wonder? That is what I would ask them. I cannot run without my Itouch, well clearly I can but I don't want to.   It helps to have music in my ears and also to hear Lance Armstrong's voice from my Nike+ app telling me how far I have gone and how fast.  It is crazy but I feel less alone and also supported!  The mental aspect of running is often the hardest part for me...I don't want to think of how many more miles I have to go for the whole run or about how much this part of my body hurts right now.  I'd rather listen to Pink telling me to run as fast as I can to the middle of nowhere!
Even though I run with music even on race day...I sometimes don't even remember hearing the tunes that played during my runs...I know that is crazy.  Anyway here is some of my favorites that are on my running playlist, I must add to it to cover  the half marathon !


PLAYLIST:
- Bad Angel (D. Bentley)
- This Afternoon (Nickelback)
- Put you in a son (Keith Urban)
- Raise your glass (Pink)
- I gotta feeling (Black Eyed Peas)
- Just like a pill (Pink)
-The Way you make me feel (M. Jackson)
- So What ( Pink)
- Born to Run (B. Springsteen)
- Hit the Ground Running (Keith Urban)
- Bonyeu (Les Colocs)
- The Rising  (B. Springsteen)
- Express yourself (Madonna)
- One Week (Barenaked Ladies)
- The Emperor's New Clothes (Sinead O"Connor)
- Bille Jean (M. Jackson)

No comments: