Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hill run

Today on the plan was 3.5 miles, decided to run 4 to make up a little bit for Tuesday.  On the Higdon plan that I follow for the half marathon, there's no specific instructions for the runs...just the distance.  I know I have to do some speed work and hills so I mix that plan with the one in the Runners World book I have where they brake down the runs for speed and hills.  So today decided to do hills and on the treadmill.  Makes it less boring to have that kind of run on the treadmill!  Next 5k is at Universal Studio back lot and that is very hilly so I need to get the old knees ready!!!  I did increments of 0.25 miles, started elevation at 1 then 1.5 go back to 1 then 2 back to 1 then 2.5, etc...
Good thing I will have this blog to remember what I did since I am mixing 2 plans together and also use Galloway method for long runs!  If this works out good for me I will know what to do for the next half!!! :)

2 comments:

abbi said...

Great 4-miler!

shannon said...

Agreed, blogging is such a great way to keep track of training and racing. Good luck at the Universal Studio 5K!