Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Italian delivery

You guys remember the Italian bet post?

Stefano, the  Italian Black Knight said in a comment on my blog that if I DIDN'T PR at Disneyland, he would send me a T-shirt from Italy!!!!   It turned out to be a mistake of course and he meant to say that if I do PR he would send a shirt.  I told him that this was not necessary and that a post card would make me happy!

So today I got mail...FROM ITALY!

I love getting real mail, cards, letters, post cards.  I keep them all.  I have 2 boxes full of letters, some are over 25 yrs old. 

I received an envelope and inside there were 2 post cards. One card with a picture of Piazza San Pietro; Saint Peter's Square in front of St. Peter's Basilica in Rome and another card with pictures of his  hometown: Civitavecchia!  I also receive a DVD about the Port Authority where Stefano works. 


And a running Italian T-shirt!!!!!!!



Fiumicino Half Marathon! Website here.
Fiumicino is an Italian town in the Province of Rome (and I learned on the DVD that it also has a Port Authority!)

I love the Rabbit and the Turtle cartoon! Let's face it, I am in the turtles team so I like to see one winning!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH STEFANO for being so kind and generous!

I have been to Italy before but not in Rome.  I visited Florence, Venice, Pisa, Sienna and Maranello where the Ferrari Museum is and Bolzano where I did some hiking in the Dolomites Mountains.



Isn't it fantastic that thanks the Internet we get to meet interesting people from all over the world and share common interest and passion with our blogs?  I think it is pretty great!

Ancora una volta vi ringrazio molto Stefano!

11 comments:

Amanda@runninghood said...

This is so wonderful! I love the blog world. So many wonderful connections and friendships to be made.

Lucy said...

Oh my goodness! How cool is that?! I love that friendships like that can be formed from blogging.

Terzah said...

That is VERY cool. It is truly the best part of the Internet.

Kate Geisen said...

So cool! What a good guy. Also cool is that my dad worked for the Port Authority here when he was alive. Kind of a neat coincidence. :)

Teamarcia said...

Coolest shirt ever! BK is so awesome. Would love to get back to Rome one of these years! Do i sense a blogger field trip coming on?

Jill said...

That is a really cool shirt, Stephano is awesome, isn't he?!?! Lucky girl....PRing is worth it in so many ways :).

Coy Martinez said...

That is GREAT! You got some cool stuff! People are so amazing sometimes!

I've never been to Italy but I wanna go. My husband and I were trying to plan a trip this year but we have three young kids and you know how that goes. Soooo, we decided to wait and save for 4 years and then take everyone!

Sarah Grecco said...

People amaze me! How cool....

PS - I love, love, LOVE getting real mail! I also love sending mail. It makes me said that it is becoming obsolete....

xo
Sarah
Get Up & Go

Nelly said...

Wow those are some great gifts from Italy! I just recently started following the Black Knight, Italy does indeed look amazing. I haven't been there yet, but will definitely be following Steffano to see what he's up to!

Fruit Fly said...

That's so nice!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I love Italy! I went there once and hope I get to go again! How nice of him to sent that to you! I am going to have to check this guy out! I love meeting all kinds of fun bloggy friends, like tall Mom's from Canada living in California that love Keith Urban ;D