Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Between 2 half marathons

Training:
I am between 2 half marathons.  I did the Disneyland HM 10 days ago and I have Long Beach in 22 days.  Last week I went easy.

Mon: REST that was the day after the race.
Tue: 3 miles
Wed: 3 miles
Thu: 4 miles
Fri: rest
Sat: 5 miles
Sun: 9-11 5K race.  Post on that one here.
total: 18 miles

So far this week I did this
Mon: 7 miles
Tue: 3 miles
Wed: 3 miles
Tomorrow planning to do 10x400 at the gym.  After that I am going to Burbank to dance and "have a little fun today!!!" with a funny blond lady...can you guess who? 

Monday I got a couple emails from a couple friends saying that they saw me in a picture that was in the local newspaper.  I subscribe to the LA Times so I did not have it.  I went to get the paper and they had an article about the 9-11 race I did on Sunday with a picture.  Now you have to know it is me and that I was there to recognize me but it was enough to impress the kids!! 

White cap 4th from the left:


This is the link to the article
From the ashes, America showed its courage, strength
Bill said "I made it" in the USA now!! ha ha!

I signed up for this

April 7th, 2012.  Starts and ends at Universal Studios, ends on a red carpet and the course goes down the Hollywood Walk of Fame.  Should be fun!
-------------------
Soccer season has started and yesterday at practice I heard to most horrible sound..A Mom screaming as she watched her little girl get hit by a car. It was terrible. Luckily the kid is OK. It was pure panic at the soccer field. People need to slow down in school zone!!!!  It was horrible to hear that mother scream..I will never forget her. The driver was an older man; he felt really bad. The kid ran away from her parents...and crossed..he never saw her.  VERY SCARY. 

13 comments:

Fruit Fly said...

You're so famous now ... makes sense you'll be running down the Hollywood Walk of Fame. That sounds like a fun race!

Tricia said...

I want to sign up for the Hollywood Half -- I ran a 10k back in Aug by the folks who are organizing that and they are so cool! Not sure if I'll be able to this year as it is the start of my daughter's spring break and we might be headed out of town -- but if not, I think that would be huge fun one to run.

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Ha - that's awesome, I never show in news papers! Do you find it tough to do speed repeats at the gym? Mine is a little tough because the track is small - just curious. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

look at you! famous in the USA! and now i am curious to who you are meeting. Blondie??

Christine said...

You are FAMOUS now!! :) Good job on your training, I'm sure the easy week will help you to get ready for your next half marathon!!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Ug you stopped my hear with the kid getting hit story. I have a friend you lost a kid in a similar way. Life changing.

Great job on making the paper!

Michael said...

Scary moments...glad she was ok.

I am coming to do that race with you!! That's totally up my alley! Sounds like a ton of fun!

Unknown said...

Wow..... Your pic in the paper. Congratulations on making it big!!! :D

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! That is so scary. Beyond scary. Glad she was ok.

You're famous! How Fun!!!

Jeannie said...

Yikes on the kid getting hit! I would be totally freaking out! Stuff like that scares the crap out of me. Good luck on all the halfs!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am really glad the child is ok

You are now famous, did you hire an agent yet?

Laura said...

Famous...I knew you'd get there.
Felicitations! :)

Black Knight said...

You are famous and you will become more famous on the red carpet. I was there in 2000 and I cannot forget that vacation in USA.