Thursday, December 2, 2010

Do you supplement?

Do you use supplements?  I do.  Most of them because of my weight loss and were strongly recommended by my doctor because blood test showed low numbers.  I take these every day:



I take 1 anti acid, those are the only Rx pills because I have GERD and no more Gallbladder.  The rest are natural supplements.  Omega 3 (2), Cranberry D-Mannose, Probiotics (2 during flu season and 1 the rest of the year), Iron, Vitamin B-12 and Vitamin D.   I need a little pill box to remember to take all these.  Of course I don't take them all at once, I take some at  each meal.

Today I ran 4 miles just like the plan said.  Tomorrow is rest day.  Don't know what to do about Saturday since I am racing Sunday...don't want to have tired legs, it is a challenging course with lots of hills but 2 days of rest...I don't know...maybe light cross training is the solution for Saturday.

6 comments:

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

I don't. =( I know I'm bad. I've never liked it although I know I have to. Putting pills in my mouth is such a chore for me. I'd rather run. I'm so weird. LOL!

Caroline said...

I don't like to do it either but I have to. I lost 70 lbs in 8 mos and now I am under weight for my height so I need to watch the numbers for some of these. Gotta take iron or I get anemic.

KovasP said...

I take red rice yeast for high cholesterol, ubiquinol to balance that, Vitamin D, and Krill for all the omegas. I see my doctor in a couple of weeks and hope to drop all or some then.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Fish oil is super!! I know I need to take a calcium supplement too.

Hungry Like a Hippo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hungry Like a Hippo said...

I take a calcium/vitamin D supplement when I don't meet my calcium goals for the day. However, I try my best to get it from my food.

Side note: In school today, I learned that vitamin D is actually considered anabolic steroid. Vitamin D deficiency is one of the factors contributing to muscle atrophy and declining strength as we get older... I'll definitely make sure I get enough Vitamin D/sun-time in the next few decades =)