Friday, September 14, 2012

10 Running-Related Personal Questions

Sarah and Dimity of Another Mother Runner posted a fun set of questions for running bloggers/moms to answer.  Of course I wanted to participate! 

I have not yet mentioned that I actually had the pleasure to meet them both when I got back from Hood to Coast.  They were over at the Disney Half Marathon Expo and I drove there to go meet them.   If you have followed me from the start..from before my first half marathon, you know that their first book (THE yellow book) and their Facebook Page was a HUGE part of me having the courage to register for that race.

I am so happy I got to meet them in person!  I had a great time talking to them...I did my best to help with sales when they had potential customers stopping by.   They are both so nice and I like them even more than I did before meeting them! 
 
Only those 2 can make me look "short" !! ha ha!!



Those of you moms (and dads)  should consider yourselves tagged for this!

1. Best run ever: That is easy: Leg 1 of Hood to Coast.  It was a real "Pinch me" moment.  Coming down Mount Hood was like running in Paradise.  Most Beautiful course I have been on.  I felt so happy and grateful for the chance to be there.  It was not my best run in terms of how well I ran: I was running injured and I threw up at mile 4.   For me it was the best of my short running life.  It will be hard to top that.

2. Three words that describe my running: Saved My Life.

3. My go-to running outfit is: Lululemon black tank top, Sports Skirt Cover up running skirt, Lululemon running socks, a white hat, Brooks Ghost 4 shoes and sunglasses.

4. Quirky habit while running: Dry Heaves....? Does that count...

5. Morning, midday, evening: Morning!

6. I won’t run outside when it’s: Over 90 degrees or during Santa Ana winds storm (it can get pretty bad)

7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: Adductor Tendinopathy and I cannot say I am over it after this week.  I am doing PT.  I have been slacking on the PT lately and I am now "paying" for it.  I got better and then got carried away and now have to take a step back again.  It has been frustrating.

8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: Well twice...First when I crossed the Finish Line of my First Half Marathon, (that was 01-23-11) and when I made the NUUN team to run HTC 2012 (that was 04-24-12).

9. Next race is:  Long Beach Half Marathon on October 7.  I won't be "Race Ready" for this one because I am still injured.  The one I want to be ready for is Big Sur Half Marathon in November.

10. Potential running goal for 2013: Hmmm it was the big one....a marathon.  Now because of this injury who refuses to leave me ...I am not sure.  I wanted to do a March marathon.  I would need at least 16 weeks because it is my first one.  I don't want to go into this injured, I am pretty sure that is not the way to go.   I would not want to do a fall marathon because the higher mileage part would end up falling during the heat season here.  I have to think about this and see how fast I heal and go back to running pain free.   So this is on hold for now.

Other goal....Go back to Oregon for HTC 2013 and revisit leg 13.



4 comments:

Cotter Crunch said...

oh i love this. and they must be tall! like EMZ tall! LOL.

You are badass all the time. Just sayin.

xxoo

Terzah said...

Sarah and Dimity make me look short! :^)

I definitely agree that doing a marathon injured isn't the way to do your first. You will get there, and you will enjoy it more if your body feels good.

You always look stylish when you run.

Anonymous said...

You have a good base and 3 months of marathon training will be fine. So if you are injury free by Thanksgiving, you are fine. Can't wait to read more about your journey to your first marathon!!

Janaenay said...

I'll be doing the LB half as well! :)