Thursday, February 21, 2013

Race Pics and ..unplanned rest day :( and my new obsession

Today we had perfect weather here for me.  Cold and sunny.
I was supposed to go for 5 miles, my third one this week.  First 2 were easy and at HM pace.  Today was supposed to be tempo.

Well it was not.
My younger son gave me the gift of a nasty cough.
I have decided to follow the "above the neck is OK" rule for once in hope that I will get better faster.  I had some mild pain in the chest last night so I decided it is best to rest.

I hate those days when it is not planned to rest.  I feel bad for not going for my run. I know it is 100% silly and that I am not a pro and one 5 miles will not matter.  I just cannot help but feeling guilty I guess is the best word to explain it.  Anyway...I am hoping that a couple days of rest will allow me to do my long run this weekend.  That is more important than a 5 miler I think.  I rest on Fridays always because it is a day of working at the school and tomorrow is an important one.   It is the annual Jog-A-Thon!  I love that day!  It is so fun to see all the kids running and my boys both take this very seriously!!

I have a new obsession.  It is British.  It is brilliant.  It is preventing me from doing my work at home and it has made me spend too much time in front of my computer screen but I don't care.   This is my new obsession:


I love it.
I always thought it was on pay TV...last week I saw the first season was available on Netflix and I started watching it.  I was done with the first season in a couple days and this morning I finished season 2 and even started season 3.  I told you it is an obsession.  Do you watch it?  I love everything about this series.  The actors are all excellent...just for Maggie Smith it is worth watching...!  Anyway..I highly recommend this!  What a treat!

Race pictures from the RnR Pasadena Half Marathon are available! Marathon foto is really fast.  Most of mine were up on Monday!  It is a shame it cost so much for them..this time mine are pretty good I think.

This is my favorite: On the Colorado Bridge

And a good one at the finish line: arms up no puking!


And a few more I like:

Too bad those are so $$$$$

16 comments:

Unknown said...

That finish line pic is perfect!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
giraffy said...

You take the best race pictures!!

Darlene said...

Great pics. I haven't seen the show but have heard only good things.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the first race pictures, looks like you are have a great time and really enjoying running!!!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Wow, you look super strong at the end ... great pics!

XLMIC said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! Give your body the rest it needs :)

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I started Downton Abbey last night, I love it after only 1 episode.

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Love the great race pic!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I hope you feel better soon

Love the race pictures

Tasha Malcolm said...

Hope that you feel better soon!
Great race pictures too!!!!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Such great photos! I love Downton Abbey, and I think I watched the whole first season over just one weekend! :)

Coy Martinez said...

Glad you're all aboard the Downton Abbey train! I'm addicted too! I just finished the 3rd season. I adore Matthew and Lady Mary but I'm all about some Anna and "Mista Bates". :)

Michelle said...

I love Downton Abbey!! I just finished it as well and watched each episode as it aired on PBS here in Canada. If you're not done season 3 yet, do your best to stop reading any article discussing it. Spoiler free makes for better tv!!

Great PIcs! So far, out of tons of race pics, I have ONE that I like. Booooo.

Yo Momma Runs said...

That is a great show! We watch it for a girls night whenever it is on. And great pictures from your race! Bonus on not puking at the finish.:) You look like you're having a blast!

Anne said...

Those race pics are amazing!! J'imagine que tu te sens un peu mieux...j'ai vu que tu as couru 10 miles aujourd'hui :) J'espère que ça c'est bien passé!

Black Knight said...

Your race pics are too beautiful!