Wednesday, April 13, 2011

That little race on Monday

I will never run the Boston Marathon.  One day I would love to be able to go and see it in person.  I am interested in events that have history behind them. 
I wish I lived closer to Boston for many reasons; I'd be closer to my family, I'd be free of the heat, I love New England, I don't fit on the west coast, I'd be closer to my Blue Devils ( this one just for you EMZ) and I could be a Cheerleader for my bloggy friends who will be running this special race on Monday! 
So here's to you my speedy talented bloggy pals!

EMZ: One of a kind gal, runner with ultra powers: "YOU FREAKING GOT THIS".  Of course you do, you are The EMZ.  I hope this is a great race for you and that we will see a smiling picture on your blog for the recap!  May you "chick" (did I spell that correctly?)  A LOT of guys on April 18!


Beth at SUAR: The warrior who never gave up and is headed to the big race in a grand comeback from an injury.  I admire your tenacity and determination and I hope that you enjoy every mile regardless of the pace that your Garmin will show!  I am so happy for you that you will be at the starting line on Monday.  Cheers to you!


Dorothy:  She had her third child just 5 months ago.  Boston will be her 14th marathons!  This picture was taken last month at her 13th marathon; 4 mos and 18 days after giving birth.  This is what she wrote on her blog after the race: "Today I ran 26.2 miles on 3.26.2011 and ran my 2nd fastest marathon time ever with a finish time of 3:26:43!!!  I am one happy, tired, mommy of three!! "

 


Jim: If you follow him you know it is his DESTINY to be running Boston this year! If you don't follow well, after you are done reading my post, go follow him and read his story about how he got to the big race...this has Lifetime movie potential!!
Jim: BE GREAT MONDAY!



I had another person for this post and sadly yesterday she had to announce to her 1223 followers (popular gal) that she will not be able to run Boston on Monday.  This is how her post started:
Femoral Stress Fracture.
No Boston and no running for that matter.
I am very sad for Janae.  She trained hard.  Really hard.  This sucks big time.  But I know she will be back and she will have several Boston marathons in her future.  This is one speedy talented girl people.


So for all of you reading this who will be running the Boston Marathon, I hope you all have a fabulous experience.  If you get tired, don't pull a Rosie Riuz, just slow down or walk instead.  When you see this thing: Dig deep: You can do it!


Tell yourself that this will be coming at some point:


I hope none of you ends up like this:


It would be nice to see that guy finish first:


And if EMZ is not the first gal to cross the finish then I am routing for this one, I hear she is pretty good also:




GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU AND CONGRATS FOR MAKING IT THERE!
-----------------


MY RUNNING NOW, I am sure you are all dying to know about it.
Ran 5 miles on the treadmill yesterday, it was painful, I got 2 toes who asked for a divorce.
Today 3 miles tempo, toes hurt a lot, I lost some skin on the tip of 2 of them and one nail is about to drop dead also.
Tomorrow I got speedwork, I will need to tape my toes to get through 10x400. 

17 comments:

Jenn said...

My heart breaks for Janae! I've been reading her blog too and love her! Good luck to the rest of the gang running! Time to go browse some of these other bloggers that I haven't seen yet!

ShutUpandRun said...

What a great post. Thank you so much for the shout out and for highlighting so many strong warriors here!!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Thank you so much for the kind words! Hmmm, Lifetime movie huh ... now who to play me? Maybe Don Knotts ... but I think he passed away! I think you just inspired a funny post!

Michael said...

I am so excited to go see everyone run on Monday. It is going to be such an amazing time.

Jill said...

I ran Boston the past two years and I have to say it will always rank up there as one of the most special moments of my life. Good luck to all those running on Monday...and I am soo sorry for Janae, how horrible! Hope your toes come back to the marriage of the others soon!!!

Chris K said...

I am in love with Kara Goucher. Hubba hubba. Guess what? I am running La Jolla Half on Sunday....buying a bib off Craigslist. Haven't done a half in 2.5 years.

Patrick Mahoney said...

Awesome post, nicely done...

EMZ abs are better than Goucher's though...

Caroline said...

Of course she does. No contest.

Anne said...

What a great post Caroline! I can't wait to see how everyone does...and thanks for introducing me to a few runners I didn't know :)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Good luck everyone!!!

Am I featured in the slwo turtle post? I am running my first ever half mary on Sunday

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

love this post! :) Good luck everyone! I'm so excited to read all the race reports!

Emz said...

Such a thoughtful post.

I feel so honored to be in this post with these people. My heart breaks for Janae --- I'd look like I was walking next to her.
I can't wait to show you my [lack luster] finishing time. but I'm going to have a blast! ONE DAY LADY! ONE DAY I WILL MAKE YOU MEET UP WITH ME! You can wear your U of A shirt.

Nelly said...

Awesome post! These people are all indeed awesome!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Caroline, this was quite a post! FAbulous and heartfelt and wow! I can't possibly write my Boston Tribute after this one! Not like you. This was truly special. Thank you. And I will have to go check Jim out since he is new to me. I should just stop reading posts now because this one takes the cake for the week! xo

Unknown said...

Great post.... take care of your piggies!!

Unknown said...

Awesome shout outs... we follow some rockstar athletes! :)

Mile Posts by Dorothy Beal said...

Thank you sooo much! This was soooo sweet of you to include me :) It was a really great day even though I ended up in the medic tent like a bunch of those people in the Boston video your posted !!!