Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Reluctant runners

Yep I committed a crime today.  Well a mini crime.  I was at the Dr's office this morning and I was looking at the gossip magazines and in the US Weekly I saw something funny:

A section called "RELUCTANT RUNNERS"  So here is my crime: I stole the page from the magazine.

Click on the picture to read what they said!

I know only 2 of these people Wahlberg and Blunt but the last one is the funniest!

Today I was supposed to XT and do strength but I went running instead.  I know this will sound crazy but I needed to go for a run outside to get that terrible 5 miler from Monday out of my head.  I just needed to know all was still good with my pace and everything before the weekend  because tomorrow is speedwork at the gym, Friday is rest and then this weekend I have a 10 miles run.  I needed to reassure myself before the 10 miles.  So I went for 3 miles tempo and everything went perfect.  :)  The heat is gone and we are back to the mid 60s so that did help a lot.   I am a little nervous about entering the double digits runs now that I have just 3 weekends before the Half Marathon.  Last time I ran in the double digit was my first Half.  I did 9 miles 2 weekends ago and it went well so I am hoping 10-11-12 miles will be good also.

20 comments:

Kerrie said...

Bwahahaha! That is a great little piece. Someone had a great idea. :)

Nice run! Always good to have a nice run after a crappy one.

RockStarTri said...

You are in the perfect place for your half mary. Don't worry about a single run - your fitness can tolerate it. Also, you may want to consider cutting back a bit the week before your race rather than trying for a dozen. I would probably think 10, 11-12, and then 8 or so.

I like the "watch a chicken roast" comment.

Shawn said...

Note to self....don't look like a lost puppy!!!!!

You will rock in 3 weeks!!!

Christine said...

LOve your little crime! I always look for celebrity finishing times and compare with mine. With my first marathon I beat Katie Holmes' time, but Oprah was faster than I was LOL

Unknown said...

I loved your "little crime" photo - awesome!

You're doing great and are right on track - keep on keeping on, you've got this.

And thanks for your words of encouragement over in my neck of the woods - I needed it today!

Unknown said...

You are very naughty! And, you can do it, those double digits are going to be a piece of cake!

Amanda@runninghood said...

ha this is funny. So great for a post. :) Great job getting back out there...I get that...sometimes you just have to prove something to yourself. You're going to be great! No fear...remember to just enjoy where you are at and appreciate that you've been doing the work...all the pieces will come together!

Chris K said...

So not all runs are going to be awesome. Don't worry if you have a bad one. Stick to the plan, is my unsolicited advice.

Did you get those Gift Cards in the mail today? Hope so.

Patrick Mahoney said...

Take that, Zooey. I thought you where good in Elf but now I'm not so sure.

middleagedrunner said...

Hah! Love those reluctant runners- nice steal lady!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Please mail our giftcards before you have to run from the law

Unknown said...

Haha! Thanks for posting that article...er..snagging it from the doc office. It's not a crime since I am sure they made you wait forever.

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

"...lost puppies." HILARIOUS!!

Hannah said...

Awww - I'm so glad that your 3 miles went well and restored your confidence. Yay!

Darlene said...

I've had quite a few bad runs - no heat here but lots of wind. I have my 2nd half on April 23 - this weekend is my 12 miler then I taper.

Kate Geisen said...

Too funny. More than once on a bike ride or a race I've thought to myself, "I PAID to do this???" I'm pretty sure after my marathon I'll look more like road kill than a lost puppy, though. :)

Good luck with the rest of your training. I second (or third) the pull-back advice.

Unknown said...

oh I love Zooey. SHe's too funny! I wish I could have been there to hear that. Good luck this weekend, you got it!
;)

Nelly said...

That lost puppies line from Zooey is priceless! Her line though is pretty accurate - I felt like a lost puppy at the end of my marathon! haha

Jenn said...

You criminal! Those quotes are hilarious!!

Totally understand your mindset about the 5 miler. Glad the tempo went well!

You will rock the 10 mile and then feel on top of the world for the rest of the day! Half coming up soon!!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

You paid to do this?!! ha ha!

Good luck on your 10 miler this weekend! You got it!!!