Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm ready and Did you or did you not?


I am ready for my half marathon! Bring it on!
I got my Garmin, my EFS liquid shot, my belt (this time I am taking it and if it gets on my nerves; at miles 8 Bill will be there to catch it), gum (don't judge), salt pills, other pills I need, Prednisone just in case (I started getting the bad allergies again..head pressure and all the crap), found this VIA Starbucks thing for breakfast (Chris K you are off the hook for the coffee) and 2 Ipods (what? you don't bring 2 just in case?), will need to add sunglasses, hat, shoes and my clothes.

My goals: to run a better smarter race is #1 and if I can do that I know it will be a faster one.  So no going out to fast, drink before getting thirsty,  no meeting with the freaking wall, finish strong and no puking would be a plus!  
Will I be disappointed if I don't do a better time then I did at my first half marathon?
NO DOUBT IN MY MIND ON THIS ONE: YES I WILL BE.
I got a number in my head.  I know I can do it.

I wish it was tomorrow.  I followed the plan and I rested today (so far). 
I am anxious.  I did not sleep well last night, was awake at 3:30 am thinking It was time to get to the shuttle.  I HATE taper.   Tonight I need to sleep so Tylenol PM will be my friend.

The freaking Lakers won. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So did you or Did you not?
Get up at an insane hour to watch that little wedding in England?



PRETTY BRIDE

I did not.
But I did go online to look at pictures and I found some scary stuff.
You would have to pay me to see me out in public with one of those on my head:

Is that supposed to be a smile?


Poor person who was sitting behind the gal in blue

Or this one!

Low key outfit, you think she wanted to get noticed?

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Thank you for your well wishes and for your advices and for reading!
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! 

(If you are tall, blond, look like a top model, live in AZ, don't have good taste in NCAA hoop team, run insane distances on the TM,  say the word freaking a lot, OK that should do it: Please take it EASY )

See you after the race!!!

17 comments:

RockStarTri said...

Have a GREAT race!

Unknown said...

You are going to do great! I have a number in my head for you too. I know you'll nail it!

Emz said...

Wait. I. Live. In. aZ. I'd like to meet her all my bff's live in CA, UT or don't exsist.

That last brownish hat. My freaking favorite.

You've
Freaking
Got
This
Woman.

Enjoy mr urban.

giraffy said...

Those hats CRACKED ME UP.

Have a great race!

XLMIC said...

Mother of God…the hat montage is truly priceless.
I wonder if wearing a totally bizarre thing on your head was a requirement for attendance? One might think so!

Go, Caroline! Looks like you are SET! Wishing you the most and the best with your half :)

Nelly said...

Your race day gear looks exactly like what I take to races! Make sure your garmin is charged!

lol at those hats, it's like the Kentucky derby but even crazier!

Have a good race, you will do great!

Unknown said...

oh good luck!! I can't wait to hear how it goes. I'm sure it will be awesome!

As for the wedding, the hats alone are worth watching for. haha.

Amanda@runninghood said...

yay! Good luck to you! :) How exciting to already be doing another one. :) Yes, that last photo...I didn't get up to watch it but I did see parts of it today and saw those two and was shocked at the things people will wear on their heads. :)

Kate Geisen said...

You're sooo prepared! Of course, I threw pretty much everything that I own in my weekend bag. You've got this!!

I didn't get up for the wedding. The only reason I even knew when it was was all the boys complaining about it on Facebook. :)

The hats...insanity! What funny pictures.

Coy Martinez said...

It's a bird, it's a plane.....uh, no, it's a bad hat. The one that sits on the front of that girls face was too much.

Good luck on your race! You've packed well :)

A Prelude To... said...

Have a great race!!

I only wish I had an extra ipod. Mine is missing :-(

so...I'm borrowing husbands for the race tomorrow. I probably won't recognize half the songs, but at least I know it will be blood pumping music :D

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

Ok, that brown "hat" is just ASKING to be made fun of.

Christine said...

GOOD LUCK!!!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

AHHHH I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! Good luck and I can't wait to read the recap!! You are absolutely amazing!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Good Luck hope the race goes AWESOME!

Unknown said...

I honestly laughed so hard at some of the pictures. Those weren't hats... they were like sculptures! :) I didn't get up early to watch the wedding, just google searched pictures! :)

Hope today's race went well!

Anne said...

Alors?! Je m'inquiète un peu...Où es tu? J'ai hâte de savoir comment ça c'est passé!! :) J'espère que tu vas bien et que tu es fière de toi Caroline.