Thursday, April 28, 2011

THE END

Well I have completed all my training plan.  I ran the last 3 miles today.
Tomorrow I have to help at Will's school and if I have time I might run a couple of miles after I am done.

Speaking of Will's school.
I try to help the teacher as much as I can.  I do little things for her, like filing and getting stuff ready for the following week.  I helped with the Jog-o-thon.  Yesterday, they had a breakfast for the volunteers and I missed it because I had to go see the dentist.
Today the teacher gave me something the kids made for me.  It is a book with thank you  notes from the kids.  Sweetness. And it came with a card from the green place where they make good Lattes!!!




Are you following the NBA finals?  I don't like it as much as the NCAA but I watch.  Did I ever mention I cannot stand the Lakers?  Well I cannot stand them.  I am allergic to Kobe.  I don't live in LA but close enough that The Lakers is the home team for my area.  Lot's of Lakers flags on cars and houses and lot's of jerseys with #24.  Yikes.. makes me want to win a Pukie Award from BDD every time I see one of those.... Well me I walk around town and the gym with a GREEN t-shirt with a shamrock on it.  Yep, I like to live dangerously.

Then there's the Stanley Cup finals....(Chris K that is hockey great sport with skates, sticks and a puck)  My team lost game 7 in OT yesterday against freaking Boston.  It sucks.
Boston-Philadelphia that should be interesting.

I got my shuttle time today: 4:45 am!
That is early!   Forecast is for sunny warm day so early start is best for me.








14 comments:

Unknown said...

What a nice thank you gift!
I don't like the Lakers either, and if my Blazers somehow figure out how to beat the Mavs, their reward is a series with the Lakers. Bummer.

Good luck this weekend! You can do it!

giraffy said...

So nice!! I also don't care for the Lakers, home team or not. Blech.

Good luck with OC this weekend!!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Such a nice thank you from the teacher and students!
That is a early start so you'll definitely get some cooler weather!
:)

Fat for a Triathlete said...

I love basketball, but sadly, in Australia at this time of the year... we just have AFL and the stinking royal wedding...

RoseRunner said...

4:45! Might as well not even go to bed...hehe

congrats on finishing your training plan! I know you worked extremely hard to follow it, and I promise you that you are beyond prepared. Can't wait to hear from you on the other side!

Coy Martinez said...

You're 100% correct, NCAA basketball is much more exciting! It's not a job for the kids.

Kate Geisen said...

Hurray for classroom volunteers! How sweet of the teacher to make sure you got something even though you couldn't make it there.

4:45...ugh. Poor you! :-/

Thanks for the comments! I'll definitely have my mind on the people racing this weekend, too. Best of luck to you! :)

Emz said...

It was freaking Kobe. I'm blaming this on him. Hate is such a strong word but I super hate Kobe.

Get 2 in for me tomorrow.
You
Are
So
Awesome.

Jenn said...

Congrats on completing the plan! You were diligent, worked hard, now time to put it out there and reap the rewards!!!

I hate the Lakers too! Stems back to the Pistons/Lakers Finals back in the day of Isaiah Thomas (my then hero). EMZ definitely has no feelings on the Lakers-ha!!

Hoping you have a fantastic race!! Excited for you:)

Black Knight said...

You received a very nice gift.
4:45 is too early!!!!
I cannot stand anymore basket, soccer, volley etc. : too much business and the players are soldiers of fortune.
Good luck on the race.

Unknown said...

You will have a great run (although 4:45 is early!). Best of luck and look forward to reading your RR after!

I am a Blackhawks fan and was sad to see them lose the other day - however - the Bulls and D-Rose are pretty darn good!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

GOOD LUCK CAROLINE!!!!

Darcy said...

Congrats on sticking with the training plan and getting it done. You are more than ready for #2! Good Luck!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Have fun!!!!