Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 RACES

Today I ran 5 miles and I felt like I could have gone a lot longer so that gives me hope for my Half coming up very soon....
I have been able to run outside a lot more because I have my parents here to watch the boys I feel this is helping me a lot to prepare for my half also.

Went to see a movie with Bill...a rare thing for us!  We saw The little Fockers.  It will not win any Oscars but funny like the other 2, just what I needed!

Tomorrow movie again but with my boys : Yogi Bear this time!!


I am done racing for 2010.
I started in March with my very first race and ended up running in 12 races this year!
I did not have this blog for most of 2010 so I wanted to have a post to recap the year.

1. March 2010: Susan G Komen Race for the Cure: 5k.:
I will be back for this one as long as I can walk so for a long time hopefully.  It started it all for me and also it is for an important cause! If you are in California and you want to join a team you are welcome to join mine!


2. April 2010: Carlsbad 5000:
A very popular and fast 5k.  I loved it! I would do it again but not in 2011 because I am doing the half marathon in Carlsbad in January.


3. May 2010: Cucamonga Challenge:
A 5k Race, will not do this one again.  It was the worst organization ever.  No time, no real start or finish.  We had to wait for the lights at crossing streets.  I am not paying for this race again!


 
4. June 2010: Fontana Days of Running:
I loved that one! First I PR for 5k by a lot, it was a fast course, very popular, very organized, they also offer half marathon at that race.  I would have done it again, the half this time but I will be in Quebec in June this year for my 25th High School reunion (yep I am that old!!) !


5. July 2010: Claremont July 4th 5k race:
I loved having a local race on the 4th of July! I will do it again even though not perfect as far as organization goes.  They had a really crazy start...walkers in front, strollers in front...not good for the runners...hopefully they learned something...but I will be back for that one.



6. August 2010: Angel Stadium 5-10k race:
Loved that one! We got to run inside Angels Stadium twice! The second time the team was practicing and it was really cool!  I am doing the 10k next year!


7. September 2010: Disneyland 5k run:
Loved it! My kids ran the Kids race also.  It was the best, running inside both parks, really fun.  Next year I am doing the Half Marathon!



8. September 2010: Rose Bowl 5k:
Fun race. Beautiful place. loved the course.  I won my first top finisher medal!  I will do that one again!


9. October 2010: LA Cancer Race:
This was a Halloween Race, I did the 5k and the kids ran the Kids race.  We liked it a lot, it was on the Veterans Ground, really nice place but VERY HILLY, will be back for the 10k next year.


10. November 2010: Mission Inn 10k:
My first 10k.  It was hard.  Hilly and also very windy that day.  I want to do it again to do better!  They do offer a half marathon so maybe....but at least 10k for sure.


11.  December 2010: Universal Studio backlot 5-10k race:
I ran the 5k.  If I do it again I would still do just the 5k.  This is a really hard course, the HILLS are killer.  It was the hardest course for me of all 12 races.


12. December 2010: Make Room for Santa 10k in Tustin:
My second 10k. I PR by 5 minutes so I was really happy.  I would do it again for sure!
Fun Holiday Race everything was great for me that day!

3 comments:

abbi said...

Great year full of races! Can't wait to hear about 2011.

KovasP said...

What a full year! Nice mix of races and places.

Unknown said...

I love year in review reports. How fun to catch up on all you've accomplished. Now, bring on the half(s) in Twenty11!