Thursday, July 5, 2012

Quebec city post 7 / Welcome home!

I am back in California.
We had a really long day yesterday.  Got up at 4 am Eastern time, took two flights, second one was delayed 30 min, had to wait 30 min for the shuttle to get to our car, drove home.  It was 3:30 pm Pacific time when we got home.  By 8 pm I was ready for bed.

We had a great time in Quebec.  It is always hard to leave the people and the town but I am happy to be back in my things and my bed.  This time in Quebec I got to see 2 of my dear friends from University that I had not seen since my wedding.  We used to always be together during our years in College, I even lived with one of them after we graduated and then we all moved, one to the Turks and Caicos Islands, one to Paris and me to California.  We had not been together in over 11 years.   On July 1st we met with our spouses for a breakfast that lasted 5 hours!  It was my favorite day of our visit.  We had the best times.  Here's some pictures of that day.  Me with my 2 hilarious friends Martin and Antoine:


On the right with Antoine who was my roommate.


With our spouses!


 We went to a fabulous restaurant called "Le Graffiti" and this is what I had for breakfast:



Running:
Went to the gym for 4 miles today and when I got home this was waiting for me on the porch:


Thank you Mizuno for my brand new Nirvana 8!
I am taking them for a run tomorrow!





10 comments:

Boston Bound Brunette said...

Welcome Back! My last two runs have been in Mizuno Wave Riders and I love them so far! Let me know how yours work for you.

Kate Geisen said...

How wonderful that you all got to meet up and spend that time visiting! :)

On the Right Track said...

I LOVE a post with mostly pictures!!! what a great moment to catch back up with some great friends...It shows in all your faces!!!

ok, that breakfast? Wow!!! It looked too pretty to eaat ;) let me know about your Mizuno's and how you like them!

Michael said...

Welcome home Caroline :) I know it is probably bittersweet! I'm glad you were able to get in a wonderful visit!

And that breakfast?? Oh wow, that looks simply amazing!

Terzah said...

That breakfast looks AMAZING! I'm so glad you had your trip home and saw so many friends. Now get some rest!

Emz said...

Love all the photos.
You look beautiful. As normal.
That breakfast looks crazy good.
Andddddd
The
Shoes!!!
Yay for 4 miles!! YFR!

Lindsay said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time back home. You look great in the pics, love the skirt!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the fotos with your 2 college friends, i'm sure you had tons to catch up.

Yo Momma Runs said...

That breakfast looks amazing! It's always nice to get back to your own bed after a long trip.

MR DETERMINED said...

Wow that is a gorgous breakfast.