Monday, April 9, 2012

The Boston post

The Boston Marathon is almost here.
Last year I wrote a post in honor of some of the blogger-runner friends that were headed to Boston.  It is here.

I want to continue in this tradition and wish some of the people I follow all the best for this iconic race.  I know some of you are leaving soon so here I go:

Erin
Super mom Erin! This fantastic gal has 12 kids.  She is also featured in this month's Runner's World.  Her BQ story here. Well I should say her first BQ.  She managed to do that 3 more times after that !!!  Go Erin!!!


Amanda
Amanda: You will do great.  I know you will.  Stop worrying... right now.  No I mean it! You did all the work now you need to let go and enjoy your race!  Wishing you 26.2 happy miles!

Miss Zippy
Last year my warrior Boston runner was Beth.  This year it is Amanda.  The Comeback runner.  Amanda: You have all my admiration and I am so happy you made it through your training and that Monday you will be at the starting line in Boston!


Marlene
A fellow Canadian.  This may be my favorite running picture.  Look at her face.  I want to cross the finish line looking like that just once!  This is the day she got her BQ!  You can read about it here.  Marlene I hope you get to live the FULL Boston experience!  Enjoy it!


Gracie
Super crazy talented!  Look at these muscles!!!  She has a super interesting section on her blog about how she trains, it is all there in 6 detailed sections.  I predict a sub 3:05 maybe even sub 3:00 for this speedy lady!


I want to wish all of you all the best for the Boston Marathon.  I hope that you will all be smiling as you cross that finish line!  Looking forward to read all the stories you will bring back from Boston!



These come from an interesting article I found online:
26.2 Fun Facts About Marathons

*** For those of you who asked about my last race and the "celebrities"...well I did not see any! Turns out we did not need to be lectured about "Celebrity Etiquette" after all!! :)



20 comments:

XLMIC said...

Fun post to see the ladies going to Boston that you've showcased! I predict they will all do great :)

middleagedrunner said...

Loved the post. I've been following Amanda and Zippy for a while and can't wait to see them finish strong!

misszippy said...

You are simply the best!! Thank you for this--I will feel your spirit out there with me!

Gracie said...

Thanks, Caroline! I'm starting to feel like I have gotten the Boston lazies (it's my last marathon for the year and I'm explaining to myself that it's mostly for the experience). Then I checked the weather and it's going to be a hot one! Heat wave on Monday! So I guess that answers my questions about having a fast race.

Anonymous said...

Amazing!! Boston is a big dream! I wish everybody a fantastic race!!

Laura said...

GREAT POST! I am so exciting for all these amazing runners.
...and I am working at home on Monday to watch it. Run Geek?? Yes I am!

KovasP said...

Bummer about the celebrities. But I thought you took Keith Urban with you everywhere?

Amanda@runninghood said...

Aww, Caroline, thank you. You are so funny and so right. ha ha. No, I'm really ready. Just got to get all my ducks in a row but hope to be ready to run on race day. :) Oh Gracie, don't tell me it is going to be hot!! boo.

Caroline, you look so good in your race pics from your last post. And you'll get that PR next time. Holy moly 9 already? It seems like you just started HM and you've already run more than me. ha!

Can't wait to meet these ladies.

SupermomE13 said...

Love ya Caro! What a sweet post!! I got all teary-eyed reading it. It has been an emotional roller coaster the last few months and I am so ready to just go run my guts out. ;)

Hugs!!!!

Michelle said...

Just started following you a few weeks ago! But, I'll be there too! Hope to see all these lovely ladies and fellow tough chiks!

Laima said...

Nice post - good luck to all of them:)

Terzah said...

You really are the nicest blogger out there. And you've given me some new ladies to follow. I can't wait to meet you! :^)

Kate Geisen said...

What a great post! You're such a sweet friend. :)

Yo Momma Runs said...

What a cool group of ladies! I love Katherine Switzer after hearing her story in Spirit of a Marathon. She is one bad-a lady.

Fruit Fly said...

Ooh, this got me all sorts of excited! I leave tomorrow right after work to begin my Boston Marathon vacation. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for your racing friends!

Unknown said...

They're all going to do amazing! I am so glad you linked to Erin's blog on here, because I wasn't familiar with it but I just read her story in RW.

Marlene said...

Just seeing this time (limited blog time this week). Thank you sooo much for the shout out and your kind words. I appreciate it so much. I intend to live it up, baby!!!

I know you'll get your finish moment like that!

Jill said...

The two times I ran Boston were some of the most awesome memories of my running life. I hope these ladies have a fantastic time, both on the course and off!

Unknown said...

What a great list of amazing people running Boston!!! :)

Jenn said...

OK-this is super Caroline!!!! I just read a full hour of blogs of people I hadn't even known! Some super awesome people running Boston! How exciting and thank you so much for sharing!! Good friend you are! Super pictures too!!!!