Thursday, January 26, 2012

11 things and 33 answers

Jen, Jolene and Kovas  tagged me to participate in the 11 Random Things going around the community.  I like to read these posts so I will play plus Kovas said he is giving a new car to his 11 nominees if they participate...or maybe that was Oprah..I am not sure.Here are the rules:

1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!

All right I will not post 33 things about me because well I don't want to put you to sleep so early in the day.  I will answers all the questions my 3 friends asked though.  Some of you already know some of these already.

1. I don't have a middle name.  My maiden name is Tabi and it is Hungarian.  As a kid,  I was teased A LOT because of this unusual last name.  I got all kinds of nickname because of my name, they were not all nice.  "Tablette" is the one that lasted to this day.  My friends in Quebec still call me that at 43!  That or Caro.

2. Meet my Grandparents, Mathilda and Louis-Philippe.  On the far right that is my mom, Cécile.  She is their 15th child.  The one on the left is my aunt, she is their youngest child, lucky #16.  I am their grandchild #49 I am not the youngest one.


3. I am left handed and so are both my sons.  Bill is what I call confused.  I think he is a lefty who was forced to  change to writing with his right hand in school. 

4. I was always the tallest kid in my class in Elementary school. It sucked, so for this class picture I bent my knees so hoping the guy on the far right would be the tallest on the picture (that guy is still my friend after all these years by the way). How do you like my Dorothy Hamill haircut? 

5. I hate the heat and it hates me back.  Southern California summer are HELL for me. 82 today; in January, that is not normal

6. I cannot stand liars. 

7. My favorite color is blue and my least favorite is brown.

8. I hope George Clooney will win the Oscar for The Descendants.

9. I have not read the Twilight's books or seen the movies.  It will stay that way.  I saw the Star Wars movies for the first time in my life just last year when my sons started watching them.  (I know, I know Patrick.....this is a sin) Han Solo is my favorite.  My son Will thinks Yoda is the real hero, I think he is pretty smart.

10. My favorite junk food is poutine.  That is 100% Quebec food.  French fries with fresh cheese curds covered with brown gravy.  It is loaded with fat and calories but so good.  It is a good thing that I can no longer eat poutine!

11. I would love to be a book critic for a magazine like Entertainment Weekly.  I love books.  It is the only "luxury" thing that I will buy for myself.

OK now the questions.

Jen's Questions:

1. What was your first job? Basketball coach.
2. If you could only hear one song for the rest of your life, what would it be? That is hard.  OK I go with this one.  Je l'aime a mourir by Francis Cabrel.  It means "I love her to death"



3. Favorite quote or saying? "If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes." John Wooden.
4. Disney World, Vegas or a cruise? Disney World.  I have never been but I want to go!
5. Your favorite "kid" movie? Toys Story 3
6. Celebrity crush? Hmm if you read my blog you know it is this guy

We are BFF as you can see!

7. Dream race? Big Sur
8. Favorite blog? (Bonus points if it's mine… just kidding. not really.) :) Come on now...
9. Italian food, Greek Food or Asian? Italian
10. Favorite sports team? Emz: do you wan to take this for me?


11. What was your first concert? Chris de Burgh.

Jolene's Questions:

1. Did you have a childhood nickname? What was it? Caro or Tablette.

2. What is the weirdest thing you have ever done while driving? The only thing I do is singing and I am terrible.

3. Do you have any strange phobias? What are they? No strange phobias.

4. If you could travel to anyplace right now without worrying about finances or how long you are gone, where would you go? Why? Home to Quebec because I miss it every single day.

5. What was the last movie you saw in the theater?  Mission Impossible 4. Loved it.

6. What song always makes you happy when you hear it?  Better Life.

7. If you had to move to another state right now, where would you move and why? Colorado, looks beautiful and they don't have 10 mos of heat there.

8. Salty or sweet? What is your favorite? Salty, pretzels.

9. Do you have any pets? What are they are? One Golden Retriever named Maggie.

10. Snow or rain? Pick your poison. Snow

11. Name someone you would love to meet right now, who is currently living? Why would you like to meet them? Louis Zamperini. His story is truly amazing.
 
Kovas Questions that he borrowed from Lindsay.
 
1. You have the skills to go pro in any sport (except running/triathlons). what sport would you choose? Basketball
 
2. What is your favorite vegetable? Carrots
 
3. They're making a movie about your life. what actor/actress would play you?  Wow..I don't know a blond who is in their 40s....and tall...I Googled that and I got Uma Thurman and Gwyneth Paltrow...both way too pretty to play me!!
 
4. Last book you read? Unbroken.  A must read.
5. Last text message you sent? To my friend to invite her for dinner.
6. What is your favorite meal/recipe to cook? Homemade Spaghetti.
7. Do you prefer dusting or vacuuming? (and when are you coming to do my house?) Vacuuming.
8. If you could go on vacation to anywhere in the us or Canada, where would you go? Banff, Alberta, Canada.
9. What something you love about where you live? My husband and my kids are there.
10. Something you don't love about where you live? The heat.
11. What do you do when you have trouble falling asleep? I read.
 
Did you read all that?
Thank you.
 
OK my 11 friends to whom I will pass this to (I did not go and check if you got this today so if you did, just answer my questions I guess!)
 
Elle Eat run snail
Sandy Boston Bound Brunette
Christy My dirt road Anthem
J.L. Attempting the Absurd
macnic I have always been a joiner
Christine Dream Big runner
Jenn Running Sane (you're welcome!)
Jim 50 after 40 (did you see the video he made for his wife's 1st marathon?)
Frenchie Runing with Frenchie
Robin Westford mommy
Tricia Running Life etc
 
My Questions
 
1. What is your favorite brand of running shoes?
2. Favorite book you have read recently?
3. Letterman or Leno?
4. How are you today?
5. Who is someone you admire?
6. Reality TV: yes? no? if yes...confess the worst...I won't tell anyone
7. What makes you laugh?
8. Why are the Kardashians famous again?
9. Favorite Olympic moment?
10. What is something you cannot stand?
11. When is your next race?
 



18 comments:

Kate Geisen said...

This was interesting...some new, some I already knew. 16 kids? Wow! My mom was one of ten, and I thought that was a lot. Pogroms sounds disgusting (sorry)..,guess it's one of those things you have to try and then you get hooked. If so, I'm glad we don't have it here to make me gain more weight.

I never watched Star Wars until the last couple years. It's ok. I'm with you on HanSolo.

Unknown said...

Loved it! :)

2 Slow 4 Boston said...

I can't imagine being from a family as big as yours. I can't imagine you just now saw Star Wars. You must have been too busy being in a family up till this point :-)

Patrick Mahoney said...

I really love old pictures and that one of your grandparents, mom and aunt is fantastic.

Unknown said...

I love all these random things about everyone. It's so hard to write them myself but I never tire of reading.

No harm in not reading or caring about Twilight. Actually kudos to you for it.

Gracie said...

Want to know something weird? Cajuns eat poutine, too! I've had it a few times. Not my fav, but then, I don't love fried foods.

bobbi said...

My mom is the youngest of 11, and her oldest sister had 13 kids of her own. I have more cousins than I can count...

I am loving these posts!

Jill said...

I love cheese curds and french fries, but not gravy...that looks horrible to be truthful (haha!). My mouth about fell to the floor when I heard you were cousin #49! That's awesome! My kids have two cousins, and they're both a lot older so they never had a close cousin bond.

Thanks, that was tons of fun! :)

Neon Blonde Runner said...

Oh I can totally see the Gwyneth Paltrow and Uma Thurman in you :)

XLMIC said...

So you should totally do a Vieux Vendredi :) That photo of your mom with her sister and parents is a gem! 49 grandkids...16 kids! Wowza...so COOL! Poutine...I'm intrigued and not grossed out :)

I totally love these random things. I know I sound like a broken record, but I really do. Every time, I learn a little more about you ... and you are very interesting!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Yay for lefties! My daughter and I are both lefties. I want to go to Disney World someday too! I feel like the only person in the world who has never been sometimes!

Fun to read, i am going to try to get to this tomorrow!

KovasP said...

Have never tried poutine. Here in Illinois we have the horseshoe sandwich, which I believe is even more unhealthy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_sandwich

Laima said...

Wow - 16 kids!

Kovas is so generous:)

Tricia said...

I'm so with you on your #8 (George Clooney oscar). That movie was incredible.

Thanks for the tag -- it is my weekend project!!

robinbb said...

I loved reading this, and my comments....

I love Duke. I went to basketball camp there when I was in high school and met Coach K. I was totally starstruck. :)

My husband and I are both left handed yet both our kids are right handed. I am confused.

Poutine sounds yummy but dangerous.

Love the Twilight books and movies. Hunger Games are even better. :)

Thanks for tagging me! I will work on my post this weekend.

Black Knight said...

A nice post with many many information about yourself and beautiful pictures. The black and white ones are amazing, as we say "they are a jump in the past"; the best memories of my family are in black and white ... my mom, my grandparents .... wonderful moments that will never come back anymore but they always live in my mind.
Anyway you are welcome in the Black Knight Army, thanks for joining!!!!

J. L. said...

Thanks for tagging me. You had some great answers. I loved the photos. 16 kids...wow! And I must confess, I love Keith Urban. I'm quite jealous of your "closeness" to him :-)

Glenn Jones said...

Mmmm. Poutine and smoked meat. Most Americans have no idea what they are missing. Oh - and Timbits too!