Not all in a good way. More on the good and the very bad soon.
For now just a few updates because some of you know that I ended up in the hospital after the Long Beach Half Marathon.
Ok First I want to thank everyone who sent me well wishes for my 25th race and also get well messages yesterday via twitter, email and here on my blog. You guys are the BESTEST of the BEST. (Yes I know Bestest that is not a proper English word.)
So quick news
- I am home and I am OK.
- I did finish the race. (I probably should have DNF)
- I did not get a PR or a PW but really I don't care. Time 2:31:56 on Garmin. Don't know official time yet because my name and bib # don't match on results website, no 10k split either. I emailed them, they confirmed name and bib don't match..already knew that... Second time this happens to me this year.
- Things went pretty bad at around mile 7. Chest and calf pain. I walked. Was not well after the race. On the way home, things got much worst.
- Ended up in the ER.
- After a couple of tests I was admitted in the cardiac unit because my cardiac enzymes were elevated. They said they were not sure I did NOT have a heart attack. At that point I cried and freaked out a little...ok a lot.
- I spent the night in the cardiac unit hooked to a special monitor.
- I did not have a heart attack or a blood clot.
- Will bore you with the rest in another post but now I am home and no running today.
That was the best kids race we had so far. Way better than Disneyland!
I love love love Long Beach!
Something else I love?
He is the best. That concert was fantastic. He was on fire from the first to the last song. He is crazy. He goes in the middle of the crowd more than once to sing songs. One time he climbed in the upper levels and he sang right in the middle of a sea of people. He had 2 special guests: John Fogerty and Jack Black. With John Fogerty he sang Proud Mary, it was awesome! If you don't know who John Fogerty is or the song Proud Mary (that he wrote btw) you must google right now. He was on stage for 3 hours! My kids were up and dancing, it was a great night. We had fantastic seats, lower levels, on the side of the stage and he had a mini stage on each side so we saw him from up close!
Before the concert, I went to the meet and greet with Jonathan. He was really excited. They were taking people in groups of 8 to go meet Keith. We ended up with a party of 6; mom, dad, their 15 yrs old daughter and her 3 friends. It was the 15 yrs old bday and dad bought the meet and greets ($$$). They asked to go alone but the people in charge said no, it is 8 minimum. I heard the dad say "let's make sure those 2 are on the far sides and we will just crop them out"! That is OK, I was not mad BUT no way I was going to let that happen. I told Jonathan: "When it is time for the picture you go in front of Keith" He said OK. When it got to be our turn, the 6 went in first and said hello. I knew from past experiences it is best to go last to have a chance to talk to him. Jonathan walked in and Keith was so nice to him. He saw the shirt and he read what it said "When I grow up I want to play guitar like Keith Urban!" He laughed really loud and said "Best shirt ever!"
He asked Jo his name and age and he gave him a hug. He got up and asked my name and I got a hug also!. Picture time: one of the girl grabbed Jonathan by the shoulders and tried to put him next to her but Keith took him and parked him right in front of him! I was on the far right but I did not care as long as Jonathan was close to Keith it was all good. After the picture the dad started asking Keith about his cars and what he was doing after the concert (weirdo). Jonathan wanted to say something so I told him to go ahead. Keith went down to his level and Jonathan said : "It's my dream to sing with you!" Keith said "Oh my Lord! Do you play guitar?!" Jo said yes and Keith reached in his pocket: "Here is guitar pick for you, it is a special one with my name on it!" The look on Jonathan's face was priceless. I thanked him and he said "thank you for being here and I hope you will have a great evening with us! Could not have been nicer. (Oh and yes ladies, he is very handsome!!)
It is something very special to see your kid meet his idol and to have that person be everything they imagined them to be. He was just as great, if not more, as Jonathan thinks he is. That is really wonderful.
And a WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Email me your address!!!!
Thank you to everyone who entered my first Giveaway!!!!