Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Progress & Brooks Ghost 4-5-6 and Goo Goo Dolls & Matchbox 20 concert

I think I am making progress.
Finally a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Today I did my first back to back run in months.  I am nervous about how I will feel tomorrow.
I only did 3 miles each day nothing crazy.
I have not gone over 3 miles yet.
Last 2 runs I increased the running portion to 4 minutes. So I now do 4:2.
PT wanted me to go from 3:1 to full 30 min running.  That scares me. I decided to increase the running   at a slower pace to be safe.  I want to make progress and avoid setbacks.

I will not do more than 2 days in a row for now, for a while actually...maybe for good. 
Next I will go for a long run of 4 whole miles :)

The fitness....ayayaye...that's tough...it is a little better.....but oh so frustrating still....

The shoes...
I had to accept that my Brooks Ghost 5 were not going to work with my orthotics.  I had aches and pain and it was not getting better.  I wanted them to work.  They were brand new.  I feel bad not using them.   I still have 2 pairs of Ghost 4 so I went back to those and they feel a lot better.  The reason is they have a wider toe box.  I went to the local running  store and tried the 6 again and they felt better than the 5 and the 4.  They are a better version of the 4.   So I ordered a pair and they arrived Saturday.  I ran with the 6 both yesterday and today and so far so good.


Here you can see the 4-5-6
See the stitches on toe box on the 5 (middle one) are closer and the shoe is narrower.  The 6 have  flat shoe laces and I prefer those.


I still go to PT but I am planning on reducing the frequency of my visits to maybe once every other week.  If I continue to feel better and not having setbacks I think I am good to continue on my own.
Well I do have my personal trainer to help me at home


I went to a great concert on Saturday night!  Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox 20! If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen clips I posted, it was a great night.  Both bands sang ALL their hits.  It is hard to beat IRIS live.  This weekend I am going back to the same venue to see Phillip Phillips and John Mayer!

Concert pics not the greatest except that one


During SLIDE it was not dark yet 


Matchbox 20 : how far we've come



Matchbox playing 3 AM, my favorite of theirs, for 14000 folks!


If you have the chance to see these guys on tour...GO see them!
Both Johnny Rzeznik and Rob Thomas have really great voices live they do not disappoint.

GGD favorited not one for 2 of my tweets today...that is a serious sign that we are now BFF...that or they do that to  all the tweets from fans....I am going with BFF option...




9 comments:

Darlene said...

Yay for running. I am a little behind you. 2 miles 2 days in a row. I am wearing ghost 5. They fit my orthotics,

Gracie said...

Slow progress is still progress! And glad you found a shoe that works with your orthotics.

giraffy said...

You're making great progress!! Hooray!

I love Matchbox 20. I can't believe I didn't go. Lame. I was jealous of you all night ;)

Boston Bound Brunette said...

Glad to hear that you are making progress and that you found some shoes that might work out with the orthotics. Glad you had a great time at the concert!

Coy Martinez said...

I loved those photos you posted on Instagram! Or should I say videos! My daughter and I were singing along! It was as if we got to be there for just a little bit :)

Anonymous said...

The Ghost 6 is awesome - they won't disappoint! What is equally awesome is the Goo Goo Dolls & Matchbox 20 in one concert?! Jealous.

Black Knight said...

A lot of great news: the progress, the concerts and a special personal trainer.

Elizabeth said...

sounds like you have a good comeback plan! I was just talking with Corey and she was saying how her cross training was making her a better runner, so I think when I am back 100% I will continue with mine too and not run every day. Sounds like the concerts were great! And based on your instagram this weekend, so was JM!

Anne said...

Oops...pas de nouvelles depuis tes "back-to-back" j'espère que tu continue à bien aller!! Est-ce que le 4 miles c'est bien passé. Si tu courais ici au Québec, tu augmenterais moins vite, car tu irais un km à la fois ;) ...je suis d'accord avec toi de continuer à y aller doucement et de maintenir les minutes de marches pour l'instant. Tu vas y arriver!! Je suis contente que tu as trouvé des souliers qui semblent bien fonctionner. Lâche pas Caroline!