Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Annual running event at our school

Well I survived the root canal day.
It was not as bad as I thought it would be and all of you who said I would feel better after getting it....you were all RIGHT!
I give the dentist who did my RC an A+.
He could not have been nicer.  I am a world class wuss when it comes to the dentist's chair.
He was the best.

Today I had my last visit for my crown.  So it is all done.

We had my favorite day at school: the annual Jog-A-thon!
So fun to see all the little kids run laps to raise money for the PTA.

My kids take this really seriously.
They want to be the one who runs the most laps in their class.

I always go to help for this event.
First up was Will after morning recess. 

Ready to start!
The teacher asked me to give them a few advices...I told them to start slow and to remember to breath!!!


Will in action...




Strawberry-lemonade NUUN for this runner!


So he went all out......and ended up with the most laps for his class...
Jonathan's class was scheduled for 1 pm so I went home for a little while....
At noon I got a call from the school nurse.......
"Will needs to be picked up because he threw up!"  
Of course he did.... crap....
He went all out...and he is my kid... I am the puking queen...so there you go...

He was fine but when this happens it is automatic...kid is sent home.
That meant I did not see Jonathan run his laps...
I was so sad that I missed him.

I almost went with Will but I wanted to make sure he was OK and keeping food down first.
So no pictures of Jonathan running...booooo :(

I got this class picture from a mom
Jonathan is the one standing the far right...
(too bad this guy in the back is ruining the picture...must learn how to use photoshop!!)


Tomorrow we are heading the happiest place on earth!
The mom of Jonathan's friend invited us to go, her husband works there and they have special passes.  It is a minimum day at school and we will go for the afternoon and celebrate the GREAT report cards they all got!  It's been 3 yrs since the last time we went so it will be fun for the kids!

4 comments:

Tasha Malcolm said...

Glad you survived your root canal. I have never had one (knock on wood), but they really do not seem like fun.

Have a blast at the happiest place on earth. I am a little jealous, I would love to go!

Boston Bound Brunette said...

Glad that your root canal went well and you are on the mend. Your boys are really cute and are great runners just like Mom. Have a great time at Disneyland!

Unknown said...

Glad your root canal went well.

Hope Disney was fun!!

Anonymous said...

You are a great mom and lead by example! Love that your son ran the most laps!!