Thursday, January 17, 2013

Me + Brooks Ghost 5 = Love at first mile

First let me say thank you for all the birthday wishes and the kind comments regarding my husband's new job.  It was nice to share good news for a change!
When reading the comments I realized that I forgot to mention that we will NOT have to move.  While I was not 100% opposed to moving (depending on the location) I do prefer staying in our house and having the kids stay at their school.  We are lucky that they go to a really great public school.  So staying put in the over...hmm I mean SoCal.
We had a great few days of cold sunny weather and now we have warm (mid 70s) and windy days.  That means my sinus go to war.  My head is about to explode.  It sucks to have the constant pressure in the head....

To celebrate Bill getting a job and now being able to enjoy him being home for a few more days before he starts  ...we went to the movies this week.  DURING THE DAY.  Without having to pay a babysitter... That is so rare.  We went to see ARGO.  I LOVED it.  Go see it if you can.  I am so happy that Ben Affleck is getting some awards for this film and I don't get why he was left out for the big one... Anyway...go see ARGO, this story is unbelievable.  (Also shows how nice us Canadians are :)).  I rarely say this but it was worth every 600 pennies I paid.

On on to my new love:

bg5

The Brooks Ghost 5

I got them with a gift card I recently won.  I have been running in the Ghost 4s for a while now and I love them.  When I heard that the 5s were coming out in the stores I got a little worried.  I was hoping that Brooks did not change the shoes too much.  I found a couple of pairs Ghost 4 on clearance (less than $50!) and was going to wait to get the 5s when I had used all the 4s I have left.  I changed my plan after reading a post from Raina on the Ghost 5 I decided to use my gift card on a pair of those. 

They arrived Monday!  Look how "pretty" they are!  They come in blue and purple as well.  I could not resist trying them on for a run on Tuesday morning.  Usually I go for 3 or 4 miles when trying new shoes but this time I went for 6.  The weather was perfect..crisp and sunny and I felt pretty good so I kept going.

The verdict: I LOVE these shoes.  They are so comfortable.  They feel and ARE lighter than the Ghost 4s and they feel a bit more bouncy to me and I do like it.  I had no pain and I did not get tired legs.   Recently I started having problems with a painful chalice under the ball of my left foot and some of the shoes I have are making that worst.  With these ones...no problem..did not feel any pain.  The toe box is perfect for me.  I like it roomy and it is.  I am so happy I decided to get those and that they are a good fit for me.  It took trying and buying a few pair of shoes before finding one that works and I am relieved that I will not have to do that all over again.  They are going in my rotation now.  I am not waiting!  I will use them for the longer runs and for the half marathon races.

The Ghost 5 are available at Millet Sports.




10 comments:

Amanda@runninghood said...

Yay for your husband's job and for the new Ghosts. I was just thinking of you today on my drive to drop my son off. and I had it in my mind to e-mail you or check in on you to see how you were doing with things. It has been awhile. So glad that things are going well.

Anonymous said...

I'm not big into shoes and hardly go show shopping, EXCEPT running shoes. I'm addicted to those! Your new pair looks great!!

Boston Bound Brunette said...

Glad you like your new shoes. I am not sure if I have found the perfect shoe yet but I think I want to give these a try. I love the color. It is great that you are staying in your home and everything is working out for you.

Yo Momma Runs said...

That's such great news about the job. I'm so happy for you and that you'll be able to stay put. Congrats all around!

Lisa J said...

its show awesome to find a pair of running shoes you love. Before you found the ghosts were you in the saucony guides?

BLESS YOUR HEART said...

Great new shoes!!!! Hope all is well!!! Erica
ericasrunningjourney.blogspot.com

Abby said...

It can be frustrating when a new version of a shoe comes out, but I work in running retail and Brooks does it right! Their updates are usually just a color change...yay Brooks!

Terzah said...

I'm glad you found some shoes that feel GOOD!

My husband and I sometimes do that "middle of the day movie" thing--it's always fun and the cheapest way to have a date. :^)

Anne said...

C'est fou les températures que vous avez eu en Californie, pendant que nous on était dans les plus! Très étrange. Mais, tout retombe dans l'ordre, car on attend des "froids sibériens" selon météomédia, pour cette semaine. Brrrrrr :)

Je vais définitivement aller voir ARGO, tu m'as convaincu.

Yay pour tes nouveaux souliers :)

Christina Williams said...

Many congrats for the new job for hubby! I can just imagine how wonderful of a feeling it is :) And yay for a "first love" shoe experience. We all love it when we immediately love a running shoe. Happy run!