This was my list for 2012:
- I want to figure out a good way to fuel on LR and half marathons. That is not an easy thing to do for me. I have yet to find something that works and prevents me from collapsing at the end of a half marathon.
- I want to run more than 1228 miles.
- I want to run a 10k under 1 hour. (my PR is 1 hour flat)
- I want to run a half marathon under 2:20. (my PR is 2:24:05)
- I want to stay healthy.
- I want to do better at Long Beach.
FUEL: Well it is still not perfect. I now drink a lot of NUUN the day before a race. During a race I only drink water. For half marathons I now take a honey waffle stinger that I cut in small pieces and put in a bag in the back pocket of my skirt. I usually don't eat the whole waffle. I also take salt tablets every 30-40 minutes on a hot day or every 45-60 min on a cooler day. I drink a lot of NUUN AFTER the race. I still get dry heaves, I still puke...I still have weak finishes....I don't know if this will ever get under control. My stomach sucks. It causes me many troubles even when I am not running.
MILEAGE: I ended up with 1220 miles for 2012. 8 miles short of the goal but that is OK. I was injured for the whole summer-fall so I am happy with 1220.
10K: Fail. :(. I know why. I did not put the work to get a 10K PR. Almost no speedwork so there you go.
Half Marathon: I did get my goal of going under 2:20!
Staying healthy: Well not really...I got injured in June (groin). Did PT and I am still not 100% back.
Long Beach: I did do better but it was not great. I was still in pain and there was a lot of walking during that one.
So overall not too bad. I am most happy with going under 2:20 for the HM. I PRd in the 5K distance this year and I still suck at the 10K.
Now for 2013:
1. I need to get serious about CORE workout. For real. Not just for 2 days every 3 months. I want to do it minimum 3 days a week.
2. I need to continue my PT exercises. I have been terrible at this lately and I am paying for it now.
3. The mileage goal...I now know that this one can be out of my control but I'll say over 1200.
4. Half Marathon: Getting closer to 2:15.
5. 10K: I am still chasing a sub 1 hour race.
6. Completing my second Beach Cities challenge.
7. Be better at resting.... (no laughing allowed)
8. Go back at the top of Mt Hood, face my demons at leg 25.
The Race Schedule
For now I am registered for these races:
- 01-12-13 Riverside 10k
- 02-03-13 Surf City Half Marathon
- 02-17-13 Rock N Roll Pasadena Half Marathon
- 03-10-13 San Diego PETCO Half Marathon
- 05-05-13 OC Half Marathon
- 10-27-13 RnR Los Angeles
Fontana is much cheaper and closer to home but the course is crazy and can lead to injury.
4th of July and Turkey Trot races will be added to this list same for the Holiday Half Marathon in December.
I would love to do the San Francisco half this summer, but I need to wait for this one and see if it could be doable for my family.
August...well I hope I will get to do HTC again.
I wanted to do Disneyland this year...but it cost $175!!! So I will pass. That is just too crazy.
I don't think I had posted this on the blog but I was mentionned in the December issue of Runners World. It was small but hey...it is there and it is me (@carotabi is me on twitter) !!!
I have a guest post planned for this week. The guest will be Mathew Kyle from http://www.altrazerodrop.com.