Bye Bye HEAT !
See you NOT SOON
Pretty right? This is the view from my house, that is my basketball hoop on the picture. No I have not moved. We have snow in the mountains already! I think it is the earliest I have seen this in 11 years that I have been living here.
I love it!
I was nominated by the very camera shy Big Daddy Diesel and have to think of 7 random facts about me.
I have done of few of those in the last year and because I sucked at labeling my posts I cannot find these posts now so I don't know if I will repeat myself, let's hope I don't.
Here we go:
Bachelor/Bacherolette (since Alex the first...oh yeah it is bad), The Apprentice if the cast is good and Dancing with the Stars (this one I watch with my kids who love Derek Hough) I draw the line at Jersey Shore and the K family, you know the one where a gal can spend 10 millions of dollars to be married for 3 seconds and is famous for what reason again? Anyway..that show I will never watch. It is a good thing that all these very educational program are not all on dur
1. I have all my teeth, all 32 of them...including the 4 Wisdom teeth and I never had braces. When I first saw the dentist here in the US he said : "You have a very un-American dentition"!
2. I hate liars. It is the # one thing I cannot stand in someone. If they lie, I am done. I always tell my kids "If you do something dumb and you come clean your punishment will be a lot less severe than if you lie and I find out later..and I will find out." They both learned the hard way that I was not kidding.
3. I dream of going to Ireland and Scotland. I love how green it is there, I like their accent. And I would need Gerard Butler to be my personal guide of course because well I get lost easily.
4. I am guilty of watching RTV (secret code for reality TV). I watch too many shows: Amazing Race (my favorite! who wants to be my partner?), Survivor (Love Jeff and Boston Rob is my favorite player), X Factor (cannot stand that host), American Idol (thank God for Steven Tyler!), Biggest Looser (I have to MUTE Anna K), Big Brother (yep....), ing the same season!!!
5. I have never put a pair of heels on. You know the shoes.. never not even on my wedding day and yes my husband is taller than me. At 5'11" I don't need extra height so why suffer?
6. I love books. Real books, no Kindle for me. That is my favorite thing to receive as a gift and it is the only thing I will get for my kids without needing a special reason like a birthday. I tend to start more than one book at the time, usually one in French and one in English so I am still not done with Unbroken. I do love it. I keep all my books and if it is really good I will read it more than once.
7. I still don't get American Football. Sorry Nelly. We have to sit 2 hours 30 min to see 11 minutes of real play. That is crazy.
I HAVE REACHED 1000 MILES
That is big for me! 2 of my goals this year were to pass 1000 miles and run in 12 races. So far I am at 1009 miles and I ran 14 races and the year is not over!
Rest today, I got a short 3-4 miles and a 9 miler for this weekend.
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!!!!
Bill has a friend running NYC so we will be stalking him!