Even though I did not grow up with Thanksgiving traditions, (I know some of you Canadians said you did, I am from the French side and we don't celebrate Thanksgiving like the Americans do) I do like this Holiday. I like what it means. I like that it is and will be a part of my sons lives. I like that in school they made journals of what they are thankful for. Now football....I am not in the like stages yet..even after 11 years of Thanksgiving, sorry Nelly please don't un-follow me! The meal I love but it does not love me. Boo Hoo. We have no guests coming over this year and with Bill working insane hours we have decided that this year we are having the traditional meal at Mimi's, our favorite family restaurant in town. They have stuff I can eat there and I love them for that. They make the real Thanksgiving dinner and it is good.
Running has been all inside this week. I am thankful for a gym membership with childcare but I struggle for the 5 miles and up runs. It is more mental than anything for me on the machine. I did run every day this week. Tomorrow is Turkey Trot and Friday back at the gym or off. I have ran every day since Saturday and I am planning on running both days this weekend so maybe I should rest Friday.
OK so I am thankful for a lot of things this year, here are some of them:
1. I am thankful to be ALIVE.
2. I am thankful for my parents and that they are in good health.
3. I am thankful for my husband, he works hard to support us and he is a wonderful father and husband and without him I could not write #4.
4. I am thankful for my 2 sons, being their mom is the greatest joy of my life.
5. I am thankful for my brother and his family. I miss them so much.
6. I am thankful that my children are healthy.
7. I am thankful that I am able to stay home to raise my boys.
8. I am thankful that my tumor has not grown this year.
9. I am thankful for the friendships I have had for over 25 yrs with my friends back home.
10. I am thankful for my friends here in California who accept me just the way I am.
11. I am thankful for my kids TEACHERS. They are wonderful.
12. I am thankful that this year I got to go home.
13. I am thankful that my kids love school and are both doing great this year. Education is top priority for me.
14. I am thankful for running. I truly believe it makes me a better person to run. I feel like I have myself back a little after 6 yrs of being a bit lost.
15. I am thankful that my family, and by that I really mean BILL, support me in all of my races. They get up early, they wait for me to pass by them, he takes pictures. It means the world to me.
16. I am grateful for all of you who hit the follow button. Your support and friendship mean a lot and I appreciate all of you and all of your comments.
17. I am thankful that Bill has a job. I am.
18. I am thankful that tomorrow Bill will be home for Thanksgiving dinner.
19. I am thankful that right now as I type all this my boys are NOT fighting.
20. I am thankful for my beautiful dog Maggie and that she is healthy.
I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope you will be with your family tomorrow.
If you are racing like me tomorrow; smile and run fast!
******TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY. THE ODDS ARE GOOD. NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE ENTERED SO FAR. IF YOU WANT TO TRY A NEW PHOTO-SOFTWARE THAT YOU CAN USE FOR YOUR BLOG OR MAKE GIFTS GO HERE AND ENTER TODAY!***********