Yes? GOOD and Good Luck to you!
No? Unless you were on the AfterNUUN Delight HTC team you must go here and enter...
Today was scan day.
If you have been with me for a while you know what it means so sorry for the repeat....
The short story for those who don't know:
- I have a tumor in my left kidney.
- Dr. found it looking for something else almost 3 yrs ago.
- I cannot have a biopsy on it because it could burst and spread cells and if those cells are the bad kind well it would mean trouble for me.
- The only way of knowing for sure would be to have a surgery.
- Tumor is small and so we decided to put surgery on hold and just "keep an eye on it".
- Every 6 mos I get a scan to measure the tumor.
- If it grows it would not be a good sign. Cancer cells grow.
- It has not grown.
- If it grows I am going under the knife..I am clear on that. I would not wait.
- When I found out about the tumor I went in full panic mode. All I could think about was the C word.
- Not knowing if it is malignant or benign is the hardest part.
- I choose to believe it is benign.
- I usually don't think about it too much now.
- Except on scan days and for the 3 days I wait for the results.
So far I have only got good results. Here's to hoping it stays that way.
Now I am well aware that MANY people are way worst than me.
This is nothing. I am not fighting anything.
I also know that I could be walking around and not know I have that thing inside my body.
I cannot pretend like I don't know though..because well I am a mom and that would be irresponsible.
So I am nervous for 3 days...BIG WOOP.
I got a call from Quebec Friday.
The kind of call that I don't want to get.
One of my dear friend was diagnosed with lymphoma. He is the nicest guy. Everyone likes him. He has 3 kids. THIS is hard. THIS is pain. THIS is war. THIS is devastating. THIS is not fair. THIS is making me really mad and so worried.
So I wait while HE GETS CHEMO this week.....
Life is a B sometimes...