Saturday, May 19, 2012

ELEVEN!

11 years ago today I put on a white dress.
I said "I Do"
but not "I will obey" :)  (my Mother in law did not approve but I did not care much)


Father-Daughter Dance


Last year I tried my dress for fun and it does not fit anymore.


Most weddings have something that goes wrong and mine was no exceptions. 
Let's see...first my father in law's wife showed up dressed in white....yep she did!
Then our wedding photographer was late.  He showed up AFTER I had walked down the aisle.  And worst the guy who showed up was NOT the photographer that I had hired, it was some guy I had never met.  When we got our pictures back,  I realized that on all the pictures he took of us at the park, we could see the restrooms in the background!  Can I tell you I was not happy....Now I can kind of laugh about it but 11 yrs ago I was pretty mad.

Went for 10 miles run this morning.  I was nervous about this one because last week my long run was terrible.  I am happy to say that this week was much better.  I wore my new skirt and I love it!  (anyone need a black Sports Skirt Ultra in medium? I got one for sale :))

23 comments:

Boston Bound Brunette said...

Happy Anniversary! You still look the same (young and pretty) and you look so small in your wedding dress so you must be super small now!! I would have been furious about the photographer mishap!!

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

Happy Anniversary!

abbi said...

Happy Anniversary!

Kathy said...

Happy, happy anniversary! What's a wedding without mishaps? But a late and wrong photographer? And don't get me started about your FIL's wife - uf dah!!

Terzah said...

Happy Anniversary to you!! You looked gorgeous of course. I hope you got to go out for more than your 10 mile run....

My only wedding mishap was that I forgot to arrange for a clean-up crew! Ack! Just like me to forget that part....Fortunately one of my mom's awesome friends stepped in....

Linda W. said...

Happy Aniversary! Great job on your 10 mile run.

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

Happy anniversary! That's awful about your photographer. I'd have been livid!

A Prelude To... said...

Happy Anniversary!
Whoa boy...restrooms in the background? That's just wrong! Bad Bad photographer!

Shannon said...

Happy anniversary! Love that the dress doesn't fit anymore! :)

Shannon
http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

Gracie said...

Our photographers knew a hundred people at our wedding and goofed off with friends instead of taking pictures. And they neglected to get one single shot of my face the entire day. Seriously.

Gracie said...

And I meant to say - happy anniversary!

Elle said...

So pretty.

Happy 11th Anniversary.

I have so many friends who have had problems with wedding photos over the years. Why is that I wonder?

Nice going on your long run. Good that it went so well.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Can't believe the wedding pictures were taken 11 years ago!! You look great!

Black Knight said...

Happy Anniversary.
The 10 miles run was a good way to celebrate the day.
Glad that your workout went well.

macnic said...

Happy Anniversary!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

You look stunning in your wedding pictures! Happy anniversary!

RunToTheFinish said...

your wedding sounds on par with my crazy story of the hurricane forcing us to the parking garage.

Amazing how much space you have in that dress!!

Yo Momma Runs said...

Congrats on eleven years! We celebrated eleven recently too. Our wedding day rained so every picture is of all of us crammed under a tiny awning. Breathtaking.:)

Sam said...

Happy anniversary! Not many women can try on their wedding dress 11 years later and have it be too big! Good for you girl! Sorry to LOL at the wedding photos with the restrooms in the background. That's too funny. 11 years later. LOL

misszippy said...

You were a beautiful bride! And still are...

Congrats on 11 happy years.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Coy Martinez said...

Talk about a crazy wedding day!! How cool was it to go back and try on the dress! You look better now than you did then! Although you looked fabulous then too :)

Michael said...

Happy Anniversary Caroline!! You were a beautiful bride :) I can't believe the MIL wore white! What the heck?? That's like wedding etiquette 101.