Saturday, November 22, 2014

It's been a while......

I am still here.
It's been months since my last post.
A whole summer has passed and almost all of this fall also.


Life got hard for a minute.
We went through difficult months as a family.
Running was not at the top of the list and time for it was well...hard to find.
I did what I could but it was never enough.
I lost my balance trying to keep the one of my 2 boys intact.
I succeeded in doing that and that is my job as their mom.


I now have a job. 
Its part time but it is every day and it is during the time I used to have to run. 


I have done a few races since my last post, most of them were with the kids.



I have lost a lot of fitness since June.  It is difficult to face starting over.
Starting over is hard.
Starting over when you are 45 years old is REALLY hard.

Right now every run hurts, every steps is painful.
I don't enjoy any of my runs because I know where I was and what I could do and now well I suck.  Big time.
But.
I refuse to give it all up.

The proof is a signed up for a half marathon that is in June.




















9 comments:

Gracie said...

Good to see you posting! Sorry about the rough patch but glad things are looking up and you're signed up for a race.

Kate Geisen said...

Anybody who reads your blog knows you're 110% mom. There are seasons in life...this one just hasn't been conducive to running. And yes, starting over sucks, especially knowing where you were before, but (as a many time veteran of starting over) it's faster to get back where you were than it took originally. If that makes any sense.

And yes, trying to do it all with a job is tough. But you can do lots, even if you can't do everything. Good luck!

Raina said...

I don't think anyone realizes how much sacrifice it takes to be a mom until they become one! You made the right choice, and now it sounds like things are going smoother.
Hope your job is something you enjoy! Glad you're back, Caroline! Enjoy the training- it will get less rough :)

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Being a mom is a lot of work and sometimes the things we enjoy have to take a back seat, I had sick kids this week and running didn't happen like I had planned. Glad you got the problem with your kid worked out.

Lisa said...

I distinctly remember times I've had to start over w/ running and it does suck. One run after another, it sucked. Until suddenly, it didn't suck anymore. I wish that for you....soon :) And signing up for a race definitely puts you ahead of the game!

Black Knight said...

Glad to see you again. Welcome back. Please don't give up, I know how hard starting over is, but I am sure you will succeed. All the best.

shandireza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NdakJoleh said...

The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Jasa Fotocopy Murah 24 di Jakarta wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)
Jasa Fotocopy 24 Jam
Jasa Fotocopy 24 Jam di Jakarta
Jasa Fotocopy Murah di Jakarta
Jasa Fotocopy Murah 24 Jam
Jasa Fotocopy Murah
Jasa Fotocopy 24 Jam
Jasa Fotocopy di Jakarta Timur
Jasa Fotocopy Rawamangun

NdakJoleh said...

I simply want to tell you that I am new to weblog and definitely liked this blog site. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your blog . You absolutely have wonderful stories. Cheers for sharing with us your blog.
cetak buku umroh haji
cetak buku umroh
cetak buku umroh haji
cetak buku umroh
cetak buku umroh
cetak buku panduan umroh
cetak buku murah cepat
cetak buku umroh haji
cetak buku umroh